twenty-three

The werewolves struggled to get the gate closed after the Ghost Rider successfully fell into their trap

The werewolves struggled to get the gate closed after the Ghost Rider successfully fell into their trap. The Ghost Rider was inching for its whip, just as they closed the gate.

Kim was filled in on what the Ghost Riders could do. She was terrified for her family. She didn't want to go home one day to find them gone and forgotten. Would she even wonder why her house was so big and why there were so many empty rooms?

"Now, what do we do?" Theo asked.

"Try and talk to him," Scott answered.

"Mr. Ghost Rider?" Liam timidly spoke up. He cleared his throat. "Mr. Rider? We'll let you out if you tell us how to get our friends back."

"Everyone. We want everyone back," Scott corrected.

"You think talking to it is going to work? It doesn't even look like it has a mouth!" Kim retorted.

"Come on, Kim," Liam whined. "What else do you suggest we do?"

She sighed heavily, defeated. She waved her hand away, shooing him to go back to interrogating the Ghost Rider.

"Tell us how to get 'em all back," Liam ordered the Ghost Rider.

Theo scoffed. "This is really the plan? I agree with Kim wholeheartedly."

"There wasn't a plan for this part of the plan," Liam whispered anxiously.

"It's okay. Look, we got him trapped. He can't get out. We just have to figure out how to communicate with him," Scott reassured. "Maybe he can't hear us."

"Maybe he speaks an ancient language," Liam suggested.

"Maybe he only responds to pain," Theo suggested.

"Or fear."

"Nothing's gonna scare this thing. Look at him. He's a walking corpse," Theo retorted to Liam's response.

Liam looked up. "Something's wrong. Why'd he stop trying to get out?"

The Ghost Rider roared.

"Did he just call for backup?" Theo asked.

"When Corey made the Ghost Rider visible at the party, another one showed up," Liam informed.

"We have to figure out how to talk to him...or else get the hell out of here," Scott said.

Mason said that Parrish would be able to talk to the Ghost Rider. At the party, he was able to scare them away. Mason called Parrish to the scene, he was able to talk to the Ghost Rider. They looked at each other, tilting their heads to get a better understanding.

"Ask him how we get everyone back," Liam ordered.

"Tell us how we get everyone back," Parrish said.

The Ghost Rider grumbled.

"What was that?"

"Did he say something?" Scott questioned.

Parrish tilted his head. "He said Hellhound."

"Is that a good thing?" Theo questioned.

"Ask him again," Scott commanded.

"What do you want from us?"

"We are the Wild Hunt. We hunt forever. Those who hunt with us hunt forever."

"What does that mean?" Liam asked.

"Tell us what you want."

"We are the Wild Hunt. Those who hunt with us hunt forever."

"That clarifies things..." Theo muttered.

"What do we have to do to get everyone back? Do you want something from us?" Scott asked.

"Why's he looking at Scott?" Liam asked.

"He figured out Scott's the Alpha," Theo replied.

"There must be something you want," Scott pleaded.

"There is only the Hunt. No one resists. No one escapes."

"If they can't be bargained with, we're gonna have to fight 'em. I'm coming for my friends. I'm coming for everyone. I won't stop. I'll never stop until we get everyone back," Scott declared.

The Ghost Rider said something in his rumbling language that no one could understand except Parrish, whose face went blank as he was in a trance.

"Parrish? What's happening?" Liam asked nervously.

Theo looked uneasy. "Scott..."

Parrish began to transform, flames bursting out from within his body slowly consuming his clothing. His eyes were orange-red as he took a step forward, resting his foot on the mountain ash barrier, which caused it to burst into blue flames as its mystical properties were burned away.

"What is he doing?" Theo asked.

"He's gonna set him free," Scott answered.

Scott and Liam used all of their super-strength to shove Parrish out of the shed before he could burn completely through the mountain ash barrier. The two ran after Parrish when he tatted running into the forest, leaving Theo and Kim to recover in the shed alone.

"Are you going to tell them about the voices?" Theo asked. "That's why you went to New York, isn't it? It's not just because you wanted to dance."

Kim clenched her jaw. "What goes on in my head is not your business." Then, she ran out of the shed.

After a moment, Douglas walked through the door, looking smug.

"Have you been here the whole time?" Theo asked.

"How could I stay away?"

"Maybe you should tell them who you really are... Hauptmann."