10- You Love The Fake Me

I pulled Liam out in the middle of the field. We sat down.

I just stared at him for a minute before taking a deep breath.

"Liam...." I trailed.

His breath hitched.

"You don't love the real me.... In fact........" I trailed.

I grabbed my backpack.

"You've never seen the real me."

I whispered. I opened the top, I placed down my sweatshirt, my money, my spray cans... And I hesitated to put down something else. I slowly placed down my cigarettes.

He stared at it all before looking back up at me.

"W-What does this mean?"

I looked at him.

"I'm breaking up with you.... You go for sweet and innocent Liam. I'm the exact opposite. I rob stores, I buy illegal things, no! Not drugs... But stolen items." I took out my fake braces and placed them down too.

"These are fake." I said, pointing to them. I took off my new fake glasses Louis got me.

"These are fake."

"This... This is real." I said, placing in my lip ring. Liam was speechless.

"Y-your the girl.... Who was outside Nialls window...."

I nodded.

"I convinced him to let me come here. In reality, I was just tired of spray painting the same places, robbing the same stores!"

He stood up next to me, grabbing my hands.

"You can change Gabriella, I will help you."

"NO! I-I don't want to change! That's why I hid it all these years from everybody! Not a single living soul knows about this but me and you Liam. And I trust you with my secret. B-But this is why I'm breaking up with you... Because you don't love me for me, you love the fake me I've been putting up all these years. This is what I want to do, I don't want to be a lawyer, or a hair stylist, or a painter.... I just want to do what I do. Do me a favor, don't tell the boys."

He stayed silent for a bit.

He glanced at everything around us, at my stuff, at me.

"I may love you Liam, but.... I'll try to move on, because I know you won't want this." I said, picking my stuff up, and placing it in my bag. I held the smokes, and lit one.

I placed it carefully between my lips, Liam staring at me until I finished it.

"I'm also the one who made that mark on Zayn."

I said.

"Okay." His voice was raspy, and he sounded like he didn't trust it.

"Never judge a person by their cover Liam."

I said.

I paused,

"One last kiss?" He nodded, wrapping his arms around my waist,

And placing his lips carefully onto mine.

I easily deepened the kiss.

When we finally pulled away, it was because the sun started to set.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way Liam." He nodded, looking down, and heading back to the flat.

I sighed, re-disguising myself.

I hadn't disguised my voice with him, so he knew I wasn't joking.

I slipped my bag over my shoulder, and began to walk home.