Her Roses

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

"Why don't you just buy roses?" I asked.

"Well, those roses were once graced by an angel."  He said, and I blushed.

"You have grown to be such a beautiful woman." 

"Thank you.  You aren't too bad yourself." 

I didn't know what to say with the awkward silence.

"Jacob loved your gift.  He was telling his nanny all about it when we left." 

"Good, I hoped he liked it."  He took a sip of his drink.

"Sometimes I swear I can still smell you in that car." 

"That's impossible."  I replied.

"It's true."  He contested.

"Oh, Mary Ellen, darling."  My publicist approached me.

"Hello, Cindy." 

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pull you away from this handsome fellow, we have work to do." 

"Duty calls, I'll see you around."  I said, as Cindy so rudely pulls me away.

"It's time to remind your costars who you are."  She said.

I sat at the piano until Cecil was done with his speech, and I started to play.

I couldn't help scanning the crowd to find Grayson.  When he comes into view, my heart sinks and my stomach turns.

What the hell was he thinking bringing Allison with him?  I had no idea he still let those people in his life.

I would glance at him, then to Preston.  Grayson just stared at me, while Allison gave me an evil smirk, then she put her arm around him.  He looked at her and smiled. 

Bullshit he wasn't a collaborator! Innocent my ass!

I finished my song, and went straight inside to the bathrooms.

I looked in the mirror and willed the tears to stay away, then the door opens and here comes Allison.

"Wow, Mary you've really blossomed into a beautiful woman.  So much success, money, and a Hollywood hearthrob for a boyfriend.  You should really be proud." 

I just ignored her.

"Aren't you happy for me?  Grayson and I aren't just getting married this fall, we are having our own child.  I'm excited for Jacob to come live with us.  He will make a good babysitter, and I can't wait to have this baby so Grayson can actually hold his infant child in his arms.  I think it's just such a shame that my Gray had to miss out on his son's life." 

I started walking away.

"He called Jacob his fuck up, because knocking you up was never part of our plan."  She said.

I walked out of the bathroom and Grayson was standing there.  "Are you okay?"

"I don't want you around me or my son."  I started walking and he grabbed my arm.  "What the fuck, Mary Ellen?" 

He turned his head and saw Allison exit the bathroom.

"Did she say something to you?"  He asked me.

"Just the truth, Grayson. Get your hands off me, and don't you dare show up tomorrow."  I said.

I stormed off and went straight into Preston arms.  "Are you okay?  You're shaking?" He squeezed on to me a little tighter.

"I'm fine, just tired." 

"Let's get you to bed then, shall we?"  I nodded.

Once we made it to the suite, I went into the bathroom and locked the door then turned on the radio and shower.

I sunk to the floor and cried.  I know Allison helped plan that at graduation, and she just confirmed my biggest fears.  My son's father was part of it the whole time.

I sobbed and sobbed.  Preston kept knocking on the door, but I wouldn't open it.  Somehow he managed to wiggle the lock open, probably with one of my hairpins.

He walked inside and sat on the floor next to me.  "Talk to me."

I told him how I lost my virginity and about graduation day, and that's how the sex tape was released to the whole world.  Everything down to what was said tonight.

He cupped my face. "She is, and always has been jealous of you, but you've got to put your anger aside.  This isn't about your feelings anymore, it's about what's best for Jacob.  He needs his father in his life. His dad might not be the best man for the job, but he is his father.  On another note, you need to keep your distance.  The negativity that comes with that man isn't good for you. There's no reason you can't send the nanny when he visits his father to do the exchange."

He wiped a tear from my face. 

"You're right." I said.

Preston spent that night making love to me over and over again. "Marry me."  He said as we laid naked and out of breath in the bed.

"Are you for real?"

"I've never been more sure about anything, and Hawaii makes for a beautiful wedding scene." 

"There's so many changes for Jacob right now.  Maybe we should include him in our decision?  Plus, it's too soon after adding Grayson to his life."

"I guess, but isn't this our committment?  It's the rest of our lives, not Jacobs."  He said.

"It actually is, because you would be his stepfather for the rest of our lives."  I countered.

"Alright, we can talk to him in the morning."  He kissed my head before falling asleep naked in each other's arms.  That's not what I want, didn't he hear me say it's too soon?

I woke to Preston kissing my belly and it tickled.  "You're ticking me."  I laughed.

He looked up at me and grinned.  "I know lots of places to tickle you."  He went for my neck just as he slid inside me.  "God, I love morning sex."  He whispered in my ear.

He knows we are alone, because Wendy asked last night to take Jacob down to the beach to find shells first thing this morning.

He flipped me over on top of him and I threw my head back during my orgasm.

"Yes!"  I moaned

"Holy shit!  Oh God!"  He cried out.  "I'm coming!" 

When we relaxed, he pulled my head down and kissed me before we heard Jacobs voice.

"No way!  That's awesome!"  We heard and looked at each the. "Shit!"  We said in unison.  I grabbed my robe and Preston put on his sweatpants.

"You first."  I said.

"No way, he's your son."

"God, I know he heard us."  I hung my head low, and went toward the door, but he grabbed me and pulled me into him.  "One more kiss."  He kissed me long and hard, then pulled away with a smile.  "I love your after sex glow." He smiled.

I laughed and smacked him, before I turned and opened the door.  There stood Wendy, Jacob, and the asshole Grayson. Holy shit!