Epilogue

Skylar sat on the porch rocking back and forth, taking in the view of the Blue Ridge range, part of the Appalachian Mountains, off in the distance. Little one year old, Margaret Faye was falling asleep in her arms. Smiling down at that face so much like her father's, she bent down and kissed the baby on her forehead.

Matthew was on his horse with their three year old, Tyler Nicholas. Both looked so adorable, dressed alike and wearing matching black cowboy hats. He brought his horse around and towards Skylar.

"Ssh. Maggie's asleep." Skylar warned.

Matthew called one of the stable boys over as he helped Tyler off the horse. Tyler came running up the stairs, pausing briefly to give Skylar and his little sister a kiss then ran into the house. "Let me take her upstairs," Matthew offered. Carefully taking Maggie out of her arms, he entered the house.

Skylar relaxed and thought back to four years ago when she got her father back. The evidence proved Jonathan was the sole person responsible in connection with DelGuidice and after Jonathan's arrest, Nick was let go. Two days before the DelGuidice trial, he was mysterious gunned down in front of his apartment. Rumor had it that Vinnie Santori ordered the hit. With DelGuidice dead, the case was closed. Jonathan's trial lasted only a month and he was found guilty of first degree murder. He received 25 years to life for the death of his father.

Nick returned to Georgia and back to his normal life. Soon after, both Skylar and Matthew resigned from the firm and started a private practice in Georgia, so she can be near her father and make up for lost time. Their relationship was now stronger than ever. As a belated wedding present, Nick bought them their house. At first she resisted but Nick explained how he wanted to see his grandchildren live comfortably. Skylar realized that even though Nick was difficult at times, he did love her.

"Well, Maggie's asleep and Tyler is out back with Elise."

Skylar looked up at him and smiled, their children inherited his blue eyes. "You mean we actually have time to ourselves?"

"Amazin' isn't it? What do you want to do?" Matthew asked as he started to kiss her neck.

"Nothing's coming to mind. What would you like to do?"

"I was thinkin' of takin' my lovely wife upstairs and makin' sweet love to her."

"Sounds like a plan." He whisked her upstairs and place her on their bed, continuing to kiss her. "Matthew my love."

"Yeah, baby." He continued kissing her neck, jawline, and then reclaimed her lips.

After he released her lips, she began talking. "I think it's time to visit your mama and get the family together again."

He continued to unbutton her blouse. "Why? It seems every time we go there, you announce you're pregnant."

"Well."

Matthew stopped kissing her and looked into her brown eyes. "You sure?"

"Yep. Two months."

He sat back and slapped his forehead. "This is incredible."

"Not really. At the rate we're going, we'll have a child every year until I'm fifty!"

He went back into her embrace and kissed the tip of her nose. "Are you complainin'?"

"No." She smiled at him.

"Hopefully, this one will look like you. She'll be a heart breaker." He flashed her his dimples again. "Have I told you how much I love you?" he whispered softly.

With a wicked smile she added, "I'd prefer you show me instead."

With a low growl he did exactly that.

THE END

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED SKYLAR AND MATTHEW'S JOURNEY. I ENJOYED WRITING IT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS. I'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.