3 disapproved

The rest of the week passed by uneventful. I only see Phillip twice during German class. When Saturday came around, there was a small voice in my head trying to stop me from attending the party. The bigger voice, though, was encouraging. And in the end, it won. I went to the party.

Phillip lived in the same district as me. It took me ten minutes to walk there. The house of his family was impressive. Ivory stone façade and floor-to-ceiling windows. The gate and the door both stood open.

The inner architecture turned out to be equally astonishing. There were arts and lamps everywhere. The living room comprised a L-shaped sofa, a huge flat screen TV hung on the wall and a gorgeous fireplace.

I eventually found them all in the adjacent garden. My eyes wandered through the crowd, attempting to discover some familiar faces.

"Susie, you came. I'm glad." Phillip appeared, looking handsome more than ever. He was wearing a plain white T-Shirt, which accentuated his broad shoulders and muscular biceps perfectly, a pair of washed-out blue jeans, and sneakers. His dark blond hairs were a total mess as if he'd just jumped out of bed.
"Well you didn't leave me that much of a choice, didn't you?" I murmured. He heard me anyway, judging from his amused expression.

"You look beautiful, by the way." His perusal was intense, precise. His tone sincere.

My cheeks reddened, reminded of the white dress I'd chosen for the party. It consisted of many laces and ended an inch above my knees. I'd bought it a long time ago but hadn't had the occasion to put it on. Plus, it was way too revealing.

"Thanks." You look great yourself. Say it. Be courteous. SAY IT! Before I was able to summon up the courage for that action, I was led to the kitchen, which of course was spacious and equipped with all the state-of-the-art technologies.

"What'd you like to drink? Coke, orange juice, beer." He scanned through the refrigerator.

I had been brought up in a house free from flavoured liquids so I asked for tap water.

"You're sure? I've got sparkling ones as well." He inquired, his pale blue eyes fixed on me.

"No worries, I"ll grab one myself if I need." I declined, giving him a reassuring smile.

He filled two glasses with water. Handing one to me, he kept the another one for himself.

We both took a sip at the same time.

"So ... what about a tour around the house?" He suggested, leaning against the counter in the middle of the kitchen.

I almost choked. "Shouldn't you be outside? I mean, you're the host, after all."

A shade clouded his face. "You're right. I should."

I could slapped myself. What was wrong with me? A cute boy had basically asked for some private time with me and I turned him down? I was a hopeless case.

"But I don't want to. I'd rather spend some time with you. In private."

If you like my story, please leave a vote. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much!