14 confessed

We walked quite a bit in silence. When we reached the Italian restaurant the neighbour of my family was so fond of, Phillip asked me whether I was hungry. I nodded.

We went inside. The waitress led us to a table on the window side. The place was dimly lit. The candles on the tables created coziness.

I glanced at him surreptitiously while pretending to browse through the menu. Was he not going to say anything about the kiss? About us? Where we stood? How he felt about me?
I was slowly getting pissed.

"Madam? What can I get for you?"

"An explanation. I want an explanation, Phillip." I gave the waitress an apologetic smile. Thereupon she retreated politely.

Phillip sighed. Reaching across the table for my hand, he confessed: "I'm tired of keeping you at a distance, Susie. I don't mind what has been going on between you and Raphael but right now I need you to stop because I am claiming you mine. I have fallen in love you for a long time, Susie. And I am confident that you have feelings for me as well, am I right?"

I sucked in a deep breath. That was beautiful. I leaned across the table and pressed a soft kiss on his lips. "Yes, you're right," I whispered before retaking my seat.

His grip around my hand grew tighter.

"There is absolutely nothing going on between Raphael and me, Phillip. He just keeps hitting on me. You got to believe me," I said with a hint of despair, "I honestly don't even understand why you are best buddies with him ..."

He frowned.

"I'm sorry, I- it just slipped out."

He grinned. "Kidding. Rapha might be an arsehole in terms of girls but he actually makes a great friend. We've known each other since kindergarten and he has stuck with me through thick and thin."

I shrugged. "Suppose so."

He smirked, releasing my hand. I wished he hadn't because it fit into mine so perfectly. And seeing him holding my hand made me happy.

"We should order something. Otherwise they'll kick us out."

It was only then when I noticed the irritation on the face of the waitress who stood two metres away.