12 changed

"Damn is this guy not overanalysing everything," said Hannah after hearing me out. We were sitting in her heavenly comfortable beanbag.

"That's what's crossed my mind, too. But on the other hand, I actually didn't let him the option not to overanalyse."

"You've got a point there. You'd have been spared from the whole drama, if you'd been straightforward. But I must ask you: Do you like Phillip? Romantically?" She scrutinised me with a concentrated complexion.

I hesitated for a long time, weighing out the pros and cons of revealing my feelings. "I do," I croaked finally.
Hannah beamed. "But you messed up. How?"

"Well, technically we both did. I was being a coward while he wouldn't let me explain that by 'I like you' I actually meant it."

Hannah shook her head in perplexity. "Why do so many guys lack patience? The same was with John last week. A childhood friend showed up out of the blue - he moved away to Europe ten years ago - and I got so excited that I fell over him. And at that exact moment John appeared 'cause we had a date and he immediately freaked out. Didn't give me any chance to explain."

"That's awful. Have you guys made up?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Kind of. He was going to apologise when we were in the middle of-" she passed me a you-know-what-glance, "and I wouldn't let him until he apologised. Anyway it didn't happen since you called."

My jaw dropped. "I am so sorry. I wasn't aware that you and John are an item now."

"No worries, dear. Plus, we aren't. I'm gonna make it very hard for him after having to wait for an eternity," Hannah smiled nonchalantly. I immediately began pitying John because my friend was an expert at tormenting somebody.

"So what're you gonna do?" She asked.

Biting my bottom lip, I sighed. "I honestly don't know. Maybe trying talk to him and clarify the misunderstandings?"

Delighted, she hugged me. "Good. You should definitely do that. He has changed you. Do you notice that? When it comes to confrontations you used to run away. But now you want to face them."