Chapter 7

Lance's POV
The door to my room slams shut and locks, I back myself into a corner as I feel myself loosing rationality.

My breathing is out of control and everything is spinning around me. I never wanted to answer their stupid questions. I never wanted to be interrogated. I never even wanted to leave my room!!

I clutch my hair and pull at it roughly as my eyes are squeezed tightly shut. Coran's question had caught me completely off guard and everything started to flood back into my mind.

All of the horrible nights alone in a dirty closet. The pain of my fathers fist connecting with my face and stomach. All the times he used me for his perverted desires.

The worst part is that mum isn't even hear to calm me down....She left me.

My feet collapsed in on me and I crashed on the ground against the wall.

I couldn't get Coran's words out of my head, they played over, only intensifying the reality of my PTSD and the nightmares that it relives.

The room is cold and the vice like grip I have on my hair only gets tighter. I can't breath and I can't think, the only thing I see is the old man stalking towards me with the baseball bat in his hand.

Chills spread through my frightened body and I huddle further into the corner. Tears track there way down my pale face and drip onto the floor with little plinking sounds.

I don't blame Coran for asking the question he did, how was he supposed to know that I would react this way. How was I supposed to know.

On any other day I think I would have been ok to lie about the question, but after last nights nightmare; I just couldn't, it was too much.

As I quiver in the dark corner, my mind plays out the scene I had experienced every single night for 6 years. I know that it isn't really real but I can't stop it!

I hear a faint sound of banging at my bedroom door. I'm sure it is actually louder but with my chocked breath and failing consciousness I can't real hear much.

When everything starts to fade I see my father swing the metal bat down upon my head and I let out a blood curdling scream.

— Moments Earlier —

Hunk's POV
Oh cr$p!!
When Coran had asked the question I knew that Lance wasn't going to react well but I didn't exactly expect him to run off in tears.

My heart sank as I saw him stumble out of the room and I immediately got up and went after him.

I however, couldn't keep up with him, being of a larger body weight and not as fit; I could keep up. But that wasn't going to stop me from getting to my boyfriend.

Before I make it to his room I hear the door slam and the lock click shut. Panic was slowly starting to creep in and knowing that Lance had a nightmare last night only makes me worry more about how he is reacting.

When I reach the door I can clearly hear him crying and mumbling incoherent words. I start to band on the door with my fist, not being sure on how else to handle the situation.

I had to get to him, I had to show I care; I had to give him a warm and soothing hug.

The others come rushing up to me and I see that they are worried, that worry only increases when they take a look at my panicked expression.

"P-pidge....get tHE DOOR OPEN!!" I normally don't yell or raise my voice in any way, but this is my boyfriend; my severely traumatised boyfriend.

The little genius crouches down to the floor panel and starts to furiously type at it. I don't stop banging on the door as sweat forms on my body.

The noises from inside Lance's room get deadly silent, then all of a sudden a scream of bloody murder erupts and it falls silent again. And it stays silent...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it's been a while since I have updated this story but I am trying my best.

Thank you all so much for reading it!!

Have a great day or night 😊