Chapter ThirtyOne | Recovery.

Miranda felt completely drained as she left the meeting and rushing out, she was avoiding Jason and he knew it. 

"Miranda!" He called out, quickly excusing himself the pair had to share the elevator back down to their office floor. "Come on, you have to talk to me eventually!"

"No. I really don't!" She sighed, watching the light count down the different levels.

"I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave with us like this!"

Miranda didn't answer and stepping out of the elevator, Melissa dared to smile at the pair. Miranda smiled back and slowly, the fear the receptionist had for her manager was wearing away. Jason followed her all the way to her office, yet Miranda stopped as she saw Rory wasn't in his place. Had he taken lunch late? If he was currently hooning around the city with Braydon in her new car, she was going to kill him. Going to his desk, she noticed everything was switched off, almost like he hadn't been in and after the strange call from Braydon before the meeting, her stomach sunk.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jason saw her frown and as her eyes met his, he saw her fear.

"I- ah, give me a second." She rushed over to her desk and picking up her phone saw some missed calls from numbers she didn't know and instantly opened her voicemail.

"Miss Wright, my name is Lisa and I am calling from West Wing Hospital." Miranda dropped her phone before scrambling to pick it up and in the process accidently hit delete. "Shit!"

"What? What is it? Miranda, let me help you!" Jason urged.

"The hospital!" She blurted out, opening the next message with shaking hands.

"Miss Wright, this is Leigh Thompson. I'm not sure if you're aware, but-" the womans voice broke, and a mans voice came through instead. "Rory has been in an accident and you're probably wondering why he isn't at work today."

He was at work though. He couldn't be in an accident. He was meant to be getting her car and, "Miranda?"

"They're in an accident," She mumbled.

"Who?"

"Rory and Braydon." Nothing she had heard told her about Braydon, but she knew. The whole time in that stupid meeting she had felt uncomfortable, the sense of dread she had felt mistaken for nerves, but she knew it wasn't that.  "I have to go."

"Let me drive you!" Jason insisted and she blindly followed him from the building and into the waiting town car. The whole trip neither of them spoke and as they pulled up in the ambulance loading zone, Miranda was out and running to the foyer before Jason had managed to get out the car.

"Please, Miss? I'm looking for Braydon Winters and Rory Thompson. They're here, they were in an accident!" Miranda was practically screaming at the nurse who turned her way.

"I'm going to nead you to calm down. Who was it you're looking for?" She asked, sitting in front of her computer. Miranda wanted to ram the womans head into it thanks to how slow she was talking.

"Braydon Winters!" 

"Just a moment," Jason finally caught up to her and already the tears were falling fresh and fast down Miranda's cheeks. "He is in Ward B, and.."

That was enough for her and somehow she managed to keep upright on the over polished flooring as her heels struggled to find grip. Jason grabbed her arm as she wobbled by the elevator, rapidly hitting the open door button.

"Slow down, he's in the hospital which is fully equipt to deal with all kind of things. Keep this up, you'll be in here next with a broken neck!" He warned.