Chapter 2: Freedom

The mild wind of September settles gently on my face and my hair flies away like in the movies. It's pretty cliché, but I feel good at the top of this hill, i'm alone in front of my future. I look ahead now, not behind. The ocean is calm and a boat is waiting for me, I see a person on it waiting for me as well . She  seems to reach out to me. I can not distinguish it but I know that if I move forward, it is towards a future that I have waited for so long.

Yet, even though I always wanted to go far, one thing keeps my feet on the ground. I struggle to run to my new destiny but that is impossible.

- You'll never be good enough to leave Eden ... Do not forget who you are ... You're not brave enough or smart enough ...

My father's voice echoes behind me. What should I do ? Go back and listen to him or force to leave and run towards this boat? I take my courage in both hands and scream with all my strength:

- You will not hold me back anymore! I am free and independent!

I believe it so much that my feet finally take off from the ground and I leave, running. I know that behind me, security and a better life are waiting for me ... Whereas before me, it is an uncertain future, but a life filled with adventures that desires me. This person in front of me remains fuzzy. I can't  see her. I study her strongly with an intense look, but there is nothing to do, I only discern a silhouette. I can only guess that it is a man.

A heavy and abundant noise stops me in my race. It sounded as it came from another world.

All of a sudden, I'm no longer at the top of this hill but in a room, alone. The noise I heard comes back and I realize it was just a dream. The reality is there and  my destiny is now in this tiny student's room.

-Eden?

A soft, feminine voice echoed through the door of my room.

I slowly take my senses and I realize that the noise came from someone who was knocking at my door. I quickly get out of bed and pass past the mirror to make my long, wavy and blond hair presentable. Fortunately, my makeup has not sunk but my blue eyes remain marked by tiredness. It doesn't matter. I run quickly to the door and unlock it.

I utter a slight cry of surprise. It is barely audible but the impression that this girl makes me is well worth it. She is not a perfect girl and her voice does not match her look, let's say that her look is ... particular. She gives me a sincere smile and nods to examine me.

- So, were you sleeping?

She puts her hand against the doorway.

Her hair is beautiful. She has a curly and chestnut mane. Her hair is just below her shoulder. It's impressive, but with her extrovert and dark look, I suspect she's an accomplished rocker.

- Hello ? She says.

She knocks with her burgundy boots against my door and plays with her piercing located in the middle of her lower lip.

- Uh ... Yes ... Excuse me, but who are you?

The girl burst out laughing and reveals a black lace choker and a Gun's & Roses black t-shirt underneath her black perfecto adorned with spikes. I love her style and the confidence she gives off. This brunette seems to completely assume herself and I like people like that ... They are the opposite of me.

- I am your accompanist chosen by your base for a better insertion in the life of the "normal" citizens! It's stupid I know, but my father was a soldier so I know more than you  might think.

Her voice is reedy but not too... bitchy. I already like her a lot.

- I ... I didn't know, I'm sorry.