Chapter 15: incomprehension

I slowly emerge from my sleep

I slowly emerge from my sleep. I open my eyes with difficulty and the light coming in through the window, just behind me, blind my eyes. Damn, what happened again last night?

My memories are vague. Alcohol is definitely not for me. I had sworn I would not taste it anymore. I don't even remember why I started to drink this liquid that is, every time, dangerous for me.

At least, I'm in my room. I recognize this small room that I know too well. I get up and get out of my bed. My back is horribly painful.

I take the direction of the mirror and raise my t-shirt. I turn around and put my head over my shoulder to see what hurts me so much. And here I discern a bruise. So, I really don't know how I made myself such a bruise.

I vent the room by half opening the window that lets in a ray of sunshine. The daylight dazzles me. The sun is very low this Wednesday. Shit, Wednesday. I have an important class this morning, and I don't even know what time it is. Damn. I have to recover or I will quickly go to the trap.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, with an atrocious face and a sallow face, I grab my phone from my nightstand and unlock the home screen.

- Oh fuck! I jump out of my bed. All my body is hurting me. Did I do a marathon yesterday or what?

It's half past ten. I'm screwed. There is no hope that my photography teacher will let me through the doors to attend his class. And if I come in and ask him to participate, with the delay I have, he may eat me all raw.

This teacher is tyrannical. He surely believes that the rules of the education system stopped in the Middle Ages. He does not support latecomers. He can not stand anything anyway. I only have to go back to bed. I will catch up my work by asking a student to give me his notes. Am I stupid, I have no friends enrolled in this course. I want to slap myself.

my father called me several times. What does he want for me this time? Reprimand me? Threaten me? Or worse, catch me by the skin to take me back to Los Angeles.

I have to call him back. If I don't do it, he will be able to do something that I would regret all my life. I breathe deeply to focus on what I am going to tell him. I must not let show in my voice that I just woke up and have a hangover.

I dial his number and wait for the answer. I'm starting to have sweaty hands. A fear rushes from the bottom of my guts. My belly is contracting. This tension does not appear because of the alcohol that I swallowed. She is born for one person: Luc Andrews.

- Eden? Damn, I was so worried! Where are you ? He answers me.

What is this turnaround? He never had that kind of reaction for me.Well, not in recent years. Since this event.

- I just got out of my sociology class! I say, shaking. My father has always procured me this effect.

- Okay ! I hope not to disturb you ?