Chapter 29: Unstable

- I came to train, but since you're here

- I came to train, but since you're here. He says sweetly. I have a proposition for you.

My heart begins to slowly tighten and cold sweats run all over my spine. His dark eyes support mine and his relaxed posture makes me nervous.

- I'm listening to you. I still breathe loudly from my effort.

I cross my arms, as I like to do in order to get a feeling of greatness in front of him. In view of what happened during our first class, I admit I'm not very pleased to see him in the same room as me. I collapsed, in his arms, like a little girl. It never happened to me before. Ironically, my fate chose Jake Allen as a confidante. Funny idea.

- Follow me. He Waves his hand to invite me to follow him, which I do without protest.

Jake goes to the back of the ring and I discover a very big black boxing bag, hanging on the ceiling of the room. Jake stands nonchalantly behind it and holds it firmly with both hands.

- This bag will help you free yourself from all the hate and emotions buried in you. He pronounces these words in a natural way.

It's quite complicated to accept the fact that Jake knows a part of me that's been hidden for so many years. My father beating me and my horrible nightmares have never been revealed to anyone. To reveal myself naked, even if Jake knows only the surface of my demons, gives me a feeling of insecurity. Still, Jake was present for me and he did not say anything. He just pressed me fervently in his arms, as if he wanted to repair me.

- Jake ...

- You don't have to talk. I will never force you to reveal things about you that you don't want to reveal. You are the only master of your destiny, Eden. Get close to the bag. He holds out his hand that I hold firmly.

The contact is immediate. His hand is warm and reassuring in contrast to mine, which is cold and uncertain. For some reason, I still want him to reassure me. I want to hear him tell me that everything will be fine. Why such a turnaround appears now? He gave me, two days ago, in a few seconds, more peace than all the people around me since my birth.

His gesture is delicate, he caresses my hand with his skillful fingers. My heart misses a beat and I slalom my irises between our palms. I swallow and finally lift my eyes to look at him. We don't need to say one word. Our bodies speak for us. I admire the bow of his jaw. I can not believe i think something like this.

Suddenly, he puts his tongue on his lips. They are thin, but well drawn. This gesture makes me flinch. I feel that at any time I can lose control.

He breaks contact, escapes my visual field, as he likes to do so and escapes a resigned sigh. As for me, I flutter my eyelids and start a short introspection. What is happening to me? Why, when he broke the contact, I felt a slight disappointment? That does not make any sense.

- I'm going to ask you to hit the bag and I want you to visualize all the things that make you angry. Channel this energy and hit the bag as if you hit them. He says hesitantly. Do I destabilize him as much as he destabilizes me?