Chapter 21: under hypnosis

It had been a while since I had ended up in a waiting room at the hospital

It had been a while since I had ended up in a waiting room at the hospital. The feeling I feel when I go back there has not changed. I do not like to wait alongside all those people who also have problems.

This is not the first time I go to a psychologist. In fact, before, I went there pretty much every month. I know that some people think that the help of a psychologist is ineffective. They think that it is not by talking about our problems with a stranger that we will be able to solve them in a snap of fingers. I don't totally agree with them.

In my case, my former psychologist was a great help to me at times in my life. He listened and did not hesitate to help his patients when they needed him. He didn't have this specifically professional attitude. Sometimes, instead of a one-hour session that was normally scheduled, the consultation lasted longer even though others were waiting.

However, this time, I go to a specialist I have never seen for a particular consultation. He does not know it yet, but I'm going to ask him to do a hypnosis session with me. April advised me to ask him to do one. She claims that hypnosis could be very helpful in my case. She thinks my nightmares are not trivial. April had also done several sessions to help her lose weight. I don't know if it worked, but she has a body so filiform that I think this method indeed worked on her.

- Eden Andrews, you can come.

The psychologist leaves his room to tell me that it's my turn. To say that I am nervous is a euphemism. I'm not stressed about consulting, it's not my first time, after all. I am afraid of the result. I have never used this method. What if it reveals things I would rather not know?

He shakes my hand and I sit in the chair opposite his.

- How are you today? Ask the psychologist, Nicolas Wilson. Your former psychologist gave me your file. So I became aware of your problems.

This man looks very friendly and quite young with his black hair and unshaven beard.

- Well, but I'm a little tired. I answer him playing with the ring that surrounds my index finger.

I often do this when I'm nervous. And Wilson noticed it from the beginning.

- You still can not sleep then. Do you think your insomnia is related to your family problems? He asks, sinking into his brown leather armchair.

- Not yet. And I'm pretty sure that my insomnia has nothing to do with the worries I have with my family. But my condition got worse. Now, I always have nightmares. And it's often the same.

- What kind of nightmare?

Should I tell him? He'll take me for a crazy one.

What you think makes no sense , Eden. This man is a specialist. He has faced worse cases than yours. And you know he's not judgmental.

- Well, in these, I am captured by a man with a masked face and he trains me in a room in which I discover other people. I try to withdraw from the stranglehold of the unknown, but I can not do it. Often, my night terror stops at that moment.