Chapter 33: fly with me

I opened my suitcase at least a dozen times, forgetting something each time

I opened my suitcase at least a dozen times, forgetting something each time. It's difficult to prepare for this trip. But here we are, it's the big day: today, I'm going home. I was already not happy with this return and on top of that, I have to add another problem to handle in my equation: Jake Allen.

If I still doubted that my life was a succession of problems, this time, I think I hit the bottom. The challenge that fell on us is, I think, is the worst. It's been weeks since I've seen Jake. From time to time, I met him in the corridors of the university, but he never looked in my direction. An incomprehensible void was then installed with each lost look. Yet now, knowing that I will see him again and share this "adventure" with him, I am especially concerned that he may reject me or simply not come. I don't understand why this toxic attachment was formed on me.

I sit on my suitcase fighting with the zipper that doesn't decide to close. I utter a sigh and run my hand through my hair, which, by their length, encumber my already limited view.

It is at this moment that I hear a horn sound from the outside. I lift my head towards the window and discover Jake holding a cigarette in his hand and wearing his eternal black perfecto, leaning against the closed door of his car. He is so desirable. I'm ... relieved to finally see him again. How can I feel this after all he did to me? It is an unrealistic and completely masochistic situation to wish to be with a person who is hurting you.

- Andrews, I see you through the window. Stop looking at me. Screams Jake looking in my direction. I hide instantly and pray that no one has seen me.

- No need to hide, I see everything. He continues to inform me.

When my suitcase is finally closed and I'm sure I have not forgotten anything, I open the door of my room and take my courage with both hands to face my fate. If I summarize perfectly my near future, Jake Allen, my father and my brother will be in the short time in the house which contains a devastating past. I don't know if I'll get out without further injuries.

The university residence doesn't have a lift. I crossed a real battlefield between my suitcase and me to reach the small parking lot where Jake parked. My luggage weighs a ton and is almost bigger than me. I finally arrive near my tormentor and he looks at me walking down the stairs with great difficulty, the suitcase slipping by my side. The fetishist of the color black does not even move to get me a help from him, which doesn't really surprise me.

- We don't have all day. Hurry to put this dirt suitcase in the trunk. Jake growls as he enters his car.

Idiot.

How does he do to open the door directly? With me, it only opens after five minutes.

-Tell me, does a blonde manage to take care of her alone? Frankly, it must be complicated for you, right? Says Jake.

I am blonde but not stupid, it is a completely irrational stereotype.

- Do you know the word «sympathy »? Your parents didn't make sure to give you a good education? I retort, hateful.