Chapter 24: Intrepidity

22:30

22:30. This is the time that appears on my laptop when I look up from my book of psychology. It's been a little over four hours that Cody and I are studying in my little student room praying for a miracle.

It is early to start revisions, but the exams will arrive sooner than we think and I prefer to go ahead, because this year is more complicated than I thought. Between painful revelations about my brother, the Prejudice, my father and the lessons.

I sit on my little desk right next to my door, I decide to stretch out my aching muscles because of the position I've been in for a while. I hear a groan that looks like someone with a stomach ache. I turn to find my friend, that's what he is today, lying in my bed, a book covering his head.

- We can take a break. I can't take any more of all these definitions and revisions. Says Cody, before suddenly throwing his book on the ground.

I make a slight jump because of the crash that the impact causes while bursting un laughter. Cody gets up on his elbows and plunges his brown eyes into mine. He sketches a slight smile, he intimidates me. I'm not used to being looked at like that. I'm not saying it's a "lover" look, but sometimes Cody makes me feel like I'm a unique person worth watching.

- You're crazy, Eden Andrews. How I managed to get into this situation without protesting. He stands up entirely, he too stretches.

- I offered you, you accepted. I shrug my shoulders and we start a giggle.

- I'm hungry. Not you ? We should order a pizza, right? Cody offers me while passing his hand in his perfectly coiffed brown hair.

- I'm hungry, yes, but I have i am craving for ice cream with cookies. that of Ben & Jerry's with pieces of dough and bits of chocolates? I lick my lips salivating already thinking about it. It's my favorite perfume.

- Go for a cookie ice cream then, but I'm ordering a pizza also. I could not just swallow an ice cream. He lies down again and grabs his phone in the back pocket of his jeans.

- Are you going to eat pizza and ice cream? I was talking about the huge pot, you know? I put my forearm on the back of the chair and swivel to see my friend.

- I know. So what ? I'm really hungry. He looks at me for a moment, but does not let go of his cell phone.

- I just met my master. I put my hands together and bowed my head in a sign of respect.

- And yes. The supreme master of the food thanks you. He looks falsely haughty and I put the proper clothes on for that almost wintery weather.

I look in the mirror to see what I look like, it's not so bad. If you ignore my light gray leggings and my tired face. I push the door of my room. Suddenly, I'm caught by Cody's voice.

- Are you sure you do not want me to go with you? It's dark and your phobia ... He says , worried. I reassure him by showing a beautiful smile and show him my tazer that my father gave me before leaving me on campus.