I miss dad

Erika's perspective

I woke up the next day, by Shawn shaking my sleepy body. Once I didn't wake up by this, he started to raise his voice.

"E, why aren't you in school?" He snapped, more than he asked.

"What time is it?"

"11am," he answered with a harsh voice.

"Shit..." he didn't say anything, but stood up and started to walk towards to door.

"What the fuck are you pissed about?" I snapped, he didn't get to walk away on me like that!

"They called, your campus, and asked why you weren't in school... I'm not your freaking dad, Erika... who's gonna pick up after you missed out on something," he breathed and was still pretty annoyed.

The dad part hurt me.

"Okay," I just mumbled and went out of bed without saying anything else nor looking at him. Although I could feel his eyes on me. I realized I hadn't told him anything about my family at all, so obviously he wouldn't know it would end up hurting, the way it did. But I also wasn't about to tell him, not yet.
Not when he was this moody, because I slept through my alarm, Jesus!
I grabbed a bottle of water before I headed out the door, not caring to tell Shawn I left. I could only make it to my last class, but I still had every intention of going.

Isabella Jones: I saved you a seat x

I smiled at this, at least someone wasn't all moody because I didn't show up for my first lessons today.

Erika: you're a keeper, thx!

I walked in, just before our professor arrived and spotted Isabella in the back of the lecture hall. I hate these class rooms, too many stairs climb.

"You really had to pick the seats in the very back, didn't you?" I asked when I finally made it all the way, up to where she was seated.

She chuckled at this.

"The view is better from here," she explained and moved her jacket, so I could sit down next to her.

Shawn: when are your classes done today?

I sighed and didn't even know, if I wanted to reply. I looked up from my phone, to see Isabella staring at me, she could tell something was wrong.

"So I kinda live with this guy and he snapped at me this morning, cause I missed my first classes," I tried to explain, leaving the name 'Shawn Mendes' out of the conversation.

"And he just texted you?"

"Yes, asking me when my classes will end. He probably wants to pick me up," I sighed one more time.

"Just tell him you have plans then," she said and turned her attention to our professor.

"But I don't?"

"Now you do, you're hanging out with me," she smiled and made me feel relieved, since I didn't have to face him so soon.

Erika: I have plans after my classes

-

Shawn had tried to get a hold of me all day, but I tried to ignore it, as much as possible and focused all my attention and energy on getting to know Isabella!
We had talked for almost 5 hours about everything, and never before had I clicked so well and so fast with what was once a stranger.
She told me she was from a small town called Holmes Chapel, near Manchester in the United Kingdom. Isabella told me why and who made her fall in love with music, and my jaw dropped when she told me her cousin was Harry Styles and he was the reason why she wanted to study music.
The both of us also planned on visiting each other, once we got to summer break. She had never been to Denmark before and I had never been any other places in the United Kingdom, than London.