Studios

Erika's perspective

"It suites you," he teased well knowing it was giant on me - I was basically taking a swim in it.

"I'm not even gonna tell you, to shut up any more, you're not going to," he smiled a trophy smile and locked the front door to his huge apartment.

"Can I drive the Jeep?" I asked and looked around the elevator, that was taking us down.

"I don't have the Jeep any more," He slurred and stepped out.

"What? Why?" I was surprised, he was all about that car, even though I knew he wasn't that into cars.

"Cara, thought it was time I upgraded," he answered and send me another smile.

"I didn't mind your Jeep!" I responded and was kind of pissed at her now, for making him buy a new car - the Jeep was just fine!

"She made you buy that?!" My eyes was practically falling out.

Never in my life, had I seen such big car before!

It was an Jaguar f-pace, I basically had to claim into it, that's how giant it was.

-

I was sat in a studio, not really doing anything at all, other than watching Shawn and everyone else try to work out a masterpiece.

"Where's Cara btw?" A guy, who I had no idea was, asked Shawn.

"She's working," he said all chill from the both.

"Again?"

"She's busy, with the magazines and everything."

So she was an editor, for a magazine? Shawn kept surprising me, I always thought he would go with the creative kind of girls, and not the stereotypes.
She had to be really special, since she could make him fall for her like this.
My jaw nearly fell of, and hit the floor way too hard. In came the one and only John Mayer! I knew Shawn had a bit of contact with him, but I never thought of it, as this much - damn I had missed out on a lot!

"John hi!" Shawn said happily from the both and came out pretty quickly. The man did not respond, but gave Shawn a bro hug, and went around to say hi to everyone else.

"And who do we have here?" He asked and looked at me, then at Shawn.

"John, this is Erika. Erika this is John," I gave him a stupid look and rolled my eyes, which made everyone laugh, including Mayer himself. He did not have to tell me who the man, standing in front of me was.

"I like her," he laughed and shook my hand.

"Erika, is that the girl you've been telling me about. The one who left you a year ago?" He asked, suddenly all confused, while trying to put all the pieces into place.

"Yeah,,I guess that would be me," I answered for Shawn, not wanting to be the topic, without being involved in conversation myself.

"You inspired a lot of songs, young lady," he kind of pointed at me, while winking and laughing.
I did not really know what to respond and there was a sudden awkwardness in the small studio.

"So, I gotta ask - why are you back?" John was very nosy, it was pretty funny.

"I'm studying in Toronto," I responded politely.

"What are you studying, miss Erika?" He was so charming, in his own special way.

"Music sir," Shawn laughed a very short and silent laugh, probably because I called John sir.

He did act like a curious dad though.

"Ahh, I see why you were head over hills for her!" He admitted to Shawn, and made both of us blush slightly.

"What do you play?"

"The piano and a bit of vocals," I never really liked to talk about what I played, or to be exact about my singing, piano was something I grew up with.

"A bit of vocals?? You're voice is beautiful, Erika! How many times do I have to tell you?" Shawn said and made me even more shy, than I already was.

"Well, play something for us!" John demanded. For some reason I had grown some balls, and walked straight up to the keyboard, placed in the studio.
I started to play Moonlight, one of my absolute favorites to play, it was so peaceful and well thought through piece! All though it didn't sound that great on a keyboard, but I couldn't care less to be honest - I had too much love for that piece to not play it.

"I've never heard you play like that," Shawn admitted in surprise and looked at me in aw.

"Sing along to something, Erika," John said all calm, and it kind of freaked me out pretty badly. What if he thought I sucked at playing the piano - he did not want to hear me sing then.

Lover, where do you live?
In the sky?
I'm the clouds?
In the ocean?
I learned the lesson, about bad ideas.

I continued to focus on the keyboard, while singing! This was so terrifying, to sing like this in front of producers, Shawn and not alone John Mayer!
When I had finished of singing, non of them said anything, but just sat there and stared at me, which was quit intimidating.

"I know what we're going to do today!" John said and was the first to speak up.

"We're going to write a duet for the two of you, about what you went through a year back," he said and made the producers go kind of crazy, about his idea. Shawn loved it as well, but kept his calm Canadian ass calm.

"I don't know if... I mean I have school and stuff," I stumbled upon my words, I did not want to let anyone down, but neither did I want to do anything I wasn't a 100% sure about doing.

"You'll managed! Plus, this will teach you a lot - it'll only do you good," John explain and it kind of made sense to me - but talking about the past, was going to be way too hard for me!

-
{Please don't forget to, share, leave a comment, and vote for the chapter - I'd mean the world to me}