A month

Erika's perspective

I knew College was going to be tough, but I always knew this was what I wanted and I intended to work my ass of to get it.

Every day looked like the day before, I would wake up, go to my classes, go back home to my dorm, study, work out and then go to bed. I was a bit of an outsider, but I honestly didn't mind. I liked my own company a lot, other than that I had stayed in touch with Ethan, ever since I left.

"There you are," Ethan said and pulled me back into reality.

"This coffee bar is huge, I've been looking for you, for around 10 minutes," he continued. I didn't really know what to respond, other then sending him a smile, before pulling him into a big hug.

"I've missed your running mouth so much," I said and tightened my grip around him.

-

We walked around in Toronto, just to look at random people and tried to catch up with each other. It had been a year and so much had happened in Ethan's life, while nothing had happened in mine, at all. I couldn't stop thinking about seeing Shawn a month ago, the way he looked at me, as if I was trouble. I understand that I broke his heart, but i thought he had moved on, it surely looked like he had done so.

"Earth to, Erika." Ethan snapped two fingers in front of my nose.

"Sorry..."

"You've seemed so off ever since I joined you. What happened?" He asked and stopped walking. Which forced me to do so too.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lied.

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not."

"Yeah, you are. Just tell me what's up-"

"I saw Shawn at the airport, when I arrived a month ago," I interrupted.

"Ohh, but... I thought you mov-"

"And he saw me."

The thing was, it wouldn't have affected me this much, if he hadn't seen me. But the thought of him knowing I was back in Toronto, stressed me out so badly.

-

It had been so good to see Ethan again and finally be with actual people and not just hide in my dorm room. Speaking of dorm room, I wasn't sharing with anyone, which also made it hard to get to know anyone at my school.

Shawnmendes1 send you a snapchat

I spit out my water and nearly dropped my glass as well. We hadn't talked for a year, and know he just send me a snapchat out of nowhere.

Shawnmendes1:
Toronto, is up next🎸

Erika8:
Why are you texting me, Mendes?

Shawnmendes1:
I want you to be there, I miss you!

Erika8:
Since when?🙄

Shawnmendes1:
Since you left.

I didn't know what to answer him, so I left him on read. I shouldn't go, because of many reasons, but mainly because he has a girlfriend and I should keep my focus on school and maybe focus a bit more on, socializing at my campus as well.
I grabbed a towel and started to wipe the floor, so I wouldn't slip in the morning and break every single bone in my entire body.

Shawnmendes1 send you a snapchat

Shawnmendes1:
I added your name to the guest list and a plus one. It's tomorrow at 8, be there.

Erika8:
You can't boss around with me,
you know that right?

Shawnmendes1:
I don't know, that I know,
that that's a thing I know.

Erika8:
🖕🏻

Shawnmendes1:
😇😇😇

Erika8:
Are you high or something?

Shawnmendes1 opened 48 seconds ago

-
{Please don't forget to, share, leave a comment, and vote for the chapter - I'd mean the world to me}

AN: I know I suck at updating - but I've had writers-block. I'll try to be better at updating y'all tho!!