The New Trainee

"G, wake up!"

I rolled my eyes when the door to my bedroom was kicked open. "I can't wake up when I wasn't asleep in the first place."

I turned around in my desk chair and smirked at an annoyed Hurley. He sent me a look as he leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Get dressed. We've got new meat coming today."

"Is this the one that Irene is sending? The one with all the control and anger issues?" I asked leaning my elbows on my knees, sitting forward.

"Yeah," he sighed. "She thinks his out of control behavior makes him perfect for this."

"And what do you think?"

"I think he isn't going to take a single order."

"Like someone else we know?" I smirked standing up. When I walked past him, he grabbed my arm, forcing me to look at him.

"Don't say a damn thing about him to this new kid. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir."

* * * * *

Hurley and I were sitting in the kitchen, at the bar, as we waited for Irene to come with the new guy.

"What's his deal?" I asked as I flipped through his file.

Hurley looked up at me and then down at the file in my hands before rolling his eyes and turning his attention back to the book he was reading.

"His fiancé died in a terrorist attack about 18 months ago. After that, he snapped. Started training on his own. Even went after the bastard who shot her himself."

"Crazy son of a bitch," I scoffed as I tossed his file onto the counter and grabbed my mug. I looked over my shoulder when I saw the black car pull up.

"They're here," I sighed. Hurley looked up and nodded. He put his book down before walking towards the balcony.

In her pencil skirt and heels, Irene stepped out of the car. Hurley sent me a smirk as he opened the door and headed outside. I rolled my eyes when I noticed him lighting a cigarette.

"I thought you were on the patch," I heard Irene say as I stepped onto the porch.

"He used to be," I said as I was instantly greeted by cold air that went right through my tank top and leggings. "But they don't hit the spot," I said, slightly mocking him.

I shrugged my bare shoulders and leaned my elbows against the railing. He looked over his shoulder and glared at me before walking down the rest of the stairs until he was standing a few steps above Irene.

She looked at the car before turning towards Hurley. "You saw those tests."

"Yeah, I saw them." Hurley grumbled.

"He's off the charts," Irene explained.

"I've seen off the charts before," he said looking over his shoulder at me before turning back to her.

"And he's got none of the bad habits he'd have to unlearn if he had military training," she explained.

"Unlearn?" He challenged.

"Not all of those habits are bad," I said under my breath, earning a disapproving look from Stan. I put my hands up in defense as he turned back towards Irene. I leaned my elbows back on the railing as they continued talking.

"Come on, Stan," she sighed. "You drop one of your Navy Seals in an Urban setting, you can spot the boot camp on them a mile away. We're not fighting the. . ."