Now What?

Mitch's POV

"Rapp?" I heard someone say my name. "Wake up. Rapp, you gotta wake up and tell me where G is. Come on, Rapp! Wake up!"

I gasped awake and instantly jumped to my feet. I looked around the empty hotel room, feeling like all of the oxygen was sucked out of the room. "Shit," I gasped as I ran my hands through my hair.

"Rapp," Hurley said walking around me. "What happened? Where's G?"

"He took her," I said, clenching my hands into fists. "That son of a bitch took her. . . Again."

I waited for him to yell and call me an idiot, but he didn't react the way I thought he would. He didn't react at all.

"Let's go," he said as he turned on his heel.

"Wait, what?" I grabbed my duffel bag before catching up to him. "Sir, we have to go after her. We can't just. . ."

He turned around, making me almost bump into him. "I'm not going to let that son of a bitch hurt my daughter. Not again."

"Sir," I started.

"You either shut up and help me get my daughter back or stay the hell out of my way."

* * * * *

We drove back to Orion in silence. I sat in the passenger seat wanting so many answers, but I didn't say anything.

Until we crossed into Virginia.

"What happened with Ronnie and Olivia?"

Hurley looked over at me and studied me before turning his gaze back to the road. "How do you know her real name?" He asked accusingly.

"She told me," I hesitated. I looked at him and could practically see the wheels in his head turning.

"Why is Ronnie going after Olivia?" I asked again. I heard him let out a sigh before answering.

"It all started the day he joined Orion. I had been training Olivia for about a year when he joined. He didn't like the idea of training alongside a girl. Especially a thirteen-year-old girl. He was always showy whenever he trained next to her. Shooting the most, hurting his sparring partner, whatever he could do to show her he was stronger. After a few years, she started to catch up to him."

Hurley paused before continuing, "Every six months, we hold a tournament. Everyone is paired up against their equal. If you win, you fight someone else. This goes on until we are left with two people. The tournament usually lasts up to a week."

"You make them fight each other?" I asked in disbelief. "Why?"

"So they continue to train to be the best," he sighed like it was obvious. "Anyway, Ronnie was number one since he joined while Olivia had been moving up the list. Three years ago, Ronnie and Olivia were the last two. After it was announced that Olivia would be fighting Ronnie, he came to my office. He tried to convince me to call off the fight, saying that it wasn't fair for Olivia to fight him."

Hurley shook his head, scoffing as he continued to glare at the road. "He also didn't think it was fair that he had to fight a girl. He thought that she had an advantage because he wouldn't be able to go full out against a teenage girl. I told him that if he didn't want to fight her, he could withdraw but she'd take his place as the top assassin. He didn't go for that."

"The next morning, he almost didn't show up for the fight. At the last minute, he walked into the gym. The final fight is always a big thing. Everyone knew that Ronnie was the strongest assassin. At least until this tournament. Until Olivia started beating the men who usually took her down. Now everyone wanted to see if Olivia would overpower Ronnie too."

"Did she?" I asked. I watched as his scowl turned into the smirk of a proud father.

"Hell yeah she did," he laughed. "She put him on his ass in under two minutes. That was, and still is, the quickest fight I have ever seen and I've been doing these tournaments for over twenty years now."

"I bet he didn't like that," I sighed.

"He snapped," Hurley said, his voice changing. "Everyone started clapping and laughing as Olivia got off of him. He jumped up and, before anyone could do anything, pulled out a gun and pointed it at Olivia."

"We have one rule in Orion: you never point your weapon at another assassin. So when he pulled a gun out on Olivia. . . We all froze. It took us a minute before we reacted. And when we did, I ordered Victor to get Olivia to safety while I tried to talk to Ronnie. It took five full-grown men to get him to calm down."

"I put Olivia on lockdown with Victor on watch. A few days later I sent Ronnie on a mission. Mainly to get him away from Olivia. Well, the mission went wrong and we lost contact with him. We thought. . . I thought he was dead. I hadn't heard from him since the day before we lost contact. And now, years later, he was there when the deal with Amir went down. You were right. Ronnie was the one who told Amir to attack Olivia. He's the one who broke in the night we got back and took her. He wanted revenge on Orion, me, and Olivia. So, he took her to get it."

"Why didn't you go after her?" I hesitated to ask.

"Because I knew he would kill her the minute I walked in to save her."

"That's not why," I said shaking my head. He looked straight ahead as he gripped the steering wheel.

"I didn't want to give him the satisfaction that he had beaten me by going after her."