Saving Lives

Mitch's POV

"Think about Olivia," he said suddenly, his voice changing. "She cares about you, Rapp, and that poor girl can't lose any more people she cares about."

I grabbed the bomb and dumped it into the water. I looked up to see the helicopter directly above me. I could barely see as they lowered a wire down.

I wrapped it around myself and signaled for them to pull me up. When I reached the top, one of the other men reached down and grabbed my arm.

"We got less than 30 seconds," I said as they pulled me in.

"Go! Get us out of here," Hurley yelled as I quickly strapped myself to a seat. I held my breath as the helicopter turned and started flying away from the boat.

I looked over at Hurley when I heard the muffled explosion. I held my breath as the helicopter hit some turbulence due to the explosion. I held on as we started to spin out of control. I let out a deep breath when the pilot leveled out the helicopter.

I looked over to see Hurley already watching me. "You shouldn't have come for me," I said.

"Don't get used to it, son." He nodded. I let out a small laugh as I leaned my head back.

"Looks like we're going to be alright up here." I looked over to see Hurley talking into his headset. "I think," he added to whoever he was talking to. I scoffed as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Hold on a minute," I heard Hurley say. I looked over as he took off his headset and handed it to me.

"Yeah, go ahead," I said once I had it on.

"You okay, Mitch?" Irene's voice came from the headset.

"Oh yeah," I laughed. "I'm fantastic."

The line went quiet. I was about to say something when I heard Irene sigh. "You saved a lot of lives today."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I tried to control the adrenaline pulsing through my body.

"Including Olivia's," she added making my eyes shoot open.

I looked over at Hurley to see him already looking at me. He sent me a nod causing me to let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the seat.

"She's. . . She's okay?" I stuttered.

"She's going to be just fine," Irene said softly. "We got to her and Hurley just a few minutes after you left. She's already at a nearby hospital."

I opened my eyes and turned towards Hurley. He smirked when he saw the look on my face. "Don't worry, kid. I have Victor, Mark, and Hanson on route to the hospital and a few old war buddies already there. Trust me, she's safe."

We were quiet as the helicopter flew away from the fleet. I looked over at Hurley to see him looking out the window.