Training Gone Too Far

"He what?!"

"Hurley, calm down," I sighed as Anthony patched me up.

"Calm down? G, he shot you!"

"Not exactly," I said under my breath as I hopped off the counter. I sent a look to Anthony and whispered, "Escape while you still can." He laughed before gathering his medical supplies and quickly leaving the kitchen.

"What do you mean, 'not exactly'?" Hurley asked, standing in front of me so I couldn't leave.

"Well, I may have been the one to walk in front of the target he was firing at."

"What?!" He yelled through gritted teeth.

"It was part of his training," I sighed. "Lesson 2: always be aware of your surroundings."

"G," Hurley sighed, running his hands through his hair. He stepped towards me, gently rubbing his hands up and down my arms. "What if you had gotten seriously hurt?"

"Stan," I sighed.

"I'm serious, G." He said lowering his voice.

"I'm fine," I said slowly. "Really. It's just a flesh wound."

Stan opened his mouth to say something but froze when someone walked in. I turned around to see Rapp standing in the doorway.

"Let it go," I whispered to Hurley. He mumbled something before leaving the kitchen.

"Let what go?" Rapp asked.

I looked at his confused expression and rolled my eyes. "Nothing." I grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat on one of the bar stools. I took a drink and watched as Rapp stood in the doorway.

"Did you need anything?" I asked removing the beer bottle from my lips.

He reached up and scratched the back of his neck. "I umm I wanted to make sure you were okay," he said looking at my now bandaged arm.

"I'm fine," I said with a laugh as I took another sip from my beer. I looked up at him to see him looking at me weirdly. "What?"

"Why are you laughing?"

I turned around in the stool so I was facing him, my elbows resting on the counter behind me. "It's really not that big of a deal," I said taking another sip of my beer.

"Not a big deal?" He stuttered. He sighed when he saw the way I was smirking at him. "I still don't get why you're laughing."

"I'm laughing because you're so freaked out over a little scratch."

"It's not a little scratch, G. I shot you!" He said, walking towards me.

"You grazed me," I corrected. He opened his mouth to say something, but I stood up and walked over to him.

"Rapp, calm down. I've been hurt a lot worse." I patted him on the shoulder as I headed back to my room.

* * * * *

The next morning, I had a training session with Anderson. We were just finishing up when Rapp walked into the gym. "Your new boy toy is here," Anderson smirked.

While he was smiling proudly at the joke he just made, I punched him in the face and swept his legs out from under him. He hit the ground with a loud thud, knocking the air out of him. Several guys in the gym laughed as they saw Anderson struggling to catch his breath.

I smirked down at him before turning on my heel and walking towards the benches where my gym bag was. I took my towel and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I grabbed my water bottle, taking a large sip as Rapp walked up.