The Gauntlet

I leaned against the tree with a smirk on my face, watching the men get into a circle.

"So, G," Hanson smirked. "What do you think of this new kid Irene brought in?"

Several of the men turned towards me, waiting for me to answer. "He's a hothead," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "He won't last."

As I said that, Victor walked into our circle with Rapp right behind him. The minute Rapp and I made eye contact, I didn't look away. We kept looking at each other as he stood next to Victor in the circle.

"Hey G?" Erick asked, trying to get my attention when he noticed the new kid looking at me. He put his hand on my shoulder, but I instantly grabbed his wrist with my left hand, twisting it. I punched him in the side with my right. I turned us around so his back was pushed against the tree.

"What did I say about you shitheads touching me?" I growled.

"That's enough G," Hurley said as he joined the group.

I looked over my shoulder and glared at him. "Tell your bitches to stop touching me," I sneered at him. He sent me a look making me grunt in annoyance. I yanked Eric by his arm and tossed him onto the ground, causing him to land in the middle of the circle.

I took a few steps towards him until I was standing directly over him. I placed one foot on each side of him and squatted down so I could get in his face. "Don't. Touch. Me. Again." I said through gritted teeth. "Do you understand?"

"Yes," he stuttered.

The men were completely silent as I stood up and walked back to the same tree. I leaned against it, crossing my arms over my chest as the men looked between me and Hurley.

"Well," Hurley said, clearing his throat. "Now that you have your weekly reminder not to mess with G," Hurley laughed. A few guys laughed along with him but stopped when they noticed me glaring at them.

"Moving. On." I said glaring at Hurley.

"Moving on," Hurley nodded. He stepped forward and handed Rapp a knife before taking a few steps back.

"Kill me," he said gesturing towards the knife. Rapp looked at me from over Hurley's shoulder before charging him.

I smirked when Hurley immediately caught Rapp's wrist and punched him in the face. I heard the pop of Rapp's shoulder as Hurley flipped him over, making him land on the ground. Hurley had the knife pressed to Rapp's neck as he looked up at the other men.

"People think you can slice a man's throat like this," he said as he pressed the side of the blade of the knife against Rapp's throat. "That's only in the movies."

Hurley moved the knife so the tip of it was pressed to Rapp's throat, under his Adam's Apple.

"Right there. Do it," he said as he motioned as if he was going to hit the butt of the knife into Rapp's throat. "No noise, no mess," he chuckled. Hurley stood up, freeing Rapp.

Rapp let out a frustrated grunt as he stood up. Hurley tossed the knife in front of Victor's feet and looked back at Rapp. "Victor, you're up."

Hurley took a step back as Victor reached down and grabbed the knife. He took a step forward and swung the knife towards Rapp. Each time the knife came close, Rapp dodged.

The third time Victor struck, he tried to strike low but Rapp grabbed the knife. He quickly pulled himself into Victor so he was under Victor's arm, both still holding onto the knife. I raised my eyebrows as Rapp tossed Victor over his shoulder, making him land to the ground with a thud.

Rapp threw the knife to the side as Victor stood up. "The hell is your problem? Who grabs a knife by the damn blade?" Victor scoffed right before punching Rapp.