Attempt

⚠️TW: The subjects discussed in this chapter may be a trigger. Read with caution.

Mitch's POV

It's been almost three weeks since G stumbled back to the Barn. Much to Hurley's disliking, G started training again the day after I took her lunch. He tried to talk her into taking it easy, but she just shrugged and walked away.

During my first training session with G after she got back, I instantly noticed how tired she was. She wasn't as persistent as usual. I caught her constantly taking a break, stepping back like she was dizzy.

Whenever I tried to ask if she was okay, she would roll her shoulders and say she was fine. Hurley watched the whole time, waiting. I wasn't sure if he was waiting for the session to be over or waiting for her to faint. Either way, he sat on the edge of his seat.

I walked into the gym and instantly saw G standing in the corner, using the punching bag. I looked around and noticed all the other men eyeing her and whispering to each other.

As I put my bag down I heard Victor talking to Henry. "Hurley's going to freak when he sees," Henry mumbled as I walked up to them.

"What's going on?" I asked. The two looked at me before gesturing towards G.

"Holy shit," I mumbled when I noticed G wasn't wearing gloves. "What is she doing?"

"Destroying her hands," Henry sighed.

"It's almost like she's. . ." I paused, feeling weird.

"Like she's what?" Victor pressed.

"Like she isn't wearing gloves on purpose," I sighed as I pointed to her gloves that were tossed onto the floor.

"What?" I asked when I noticed Victor and Henry share a knowing look.

Henry started to say something, but Victor cut him off. He shook his head before looking over at G with a sad expression on his face. "There is a lot about that girl that you don't understand, Rapp. It's best to leave her alone."

"G?" We all turned to see Hurley in the doorway, watching her box without gloves. He called her a few more times but instead of acknowledging him, she hit the bag harder.

"Damn it," Hurley mumbled before running over to her. "G, that's enough." He touched her shoulder, making her quickly turn around.

The look on her face looked like she was ready to kill whoever interrupted her. Her angry eyes softened when she saw Hurley's concerned ones. "G," he said softly as he gestured towards her bloody knuckles. "What are you doing?"

"I'm fine," she mumbled as she tried to walk away. He instantly reached forward and stopped her.

"I want you to go get them looked at," he sighed grabbing her hands and examining her knuckles.

"I said I was fine," she said roughly pulling her hands out of his grasp.

"G," he said looking at her intently. "Please. For me," he said under his breath. She looked around the room and sighed before slowly nodding her head.

"Rapp," Hurley called me over without turning away from G. I glanced at Henry and Victor before running over.

"Yes, sir?"

"Take G to the infirmary."

She was about to object but he raised his eyebrows causing her to nod. As she walked out of the gym, Hurley turned towards me and lowered his voice. "Make sure she actually goes and gets them bandaged."

"Yes, sir."

* * * * *

"I thought we already had this conversation, G." Anthony sighed as he wrapped her knuckles.