Chapter 7: The Kiss

"How about...this" Justin said while struggling to hold back a laugh. He started to sing.

"When you're not around....." He wrote something down on the paper we were using to write lyrics to the song. "...My world stops..going....around..?" He finished and bursted out into laughter after reading off it. God he was so corny and awkwardly cute. I laughed at the terrible lyrics.

"STOP fucking around with the lyrics!!!" I grabbed the paper, erasing the line. I tried to be serious, but his laughter was just too contagious. We were in the studio and we had about 3 quarters of the song done. We spent a lot of the day just talking and laughing.

"Well do you have any better idea's?"

I didn't answer, suppressing a smile.

"What are they? Huh? Whats your ideaa?!" He poked my shoulder over and over.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"What? What? What was that?" He pretended he didn't hear.

"Nothing." I mumbled again, playing along.

"That's what I thought!" He grinned, and then picked me up from my chair swinging me over his shoulder, as if I weighed nothing. I was screaming for him to put me down, even though I was enjoying this like you wouldn't believe. He finally threw me down onto one of the couches in the studio and then sat unusually close to me. He sighed, saying nothing for a while.

"So tell me more about your life. Your family. What you like to do."

"Well..As you already know, I live in Florida. Its just me and my mom right now. Although it seems like my friend Caroline lives at my house." I looked up at him. I've seen that face many times before. That 'Oh really? What happened with your Dad? Are your parents separated? Are you okay?' face.

"Are your parents separated?" He asked the dreaded question.

"No." I said rather harshly. I wish I hadn't said anything as soon as the word left my mouth.

"Im so sorry." He said in a hushed tone, even though we were the only two here.

"Its fine." I looked at my lap.

"...So...other than music..what do you like to do?" He tried cleaning out the dead air.

"Drawing." I looked up. He had some evil look on his face.

"What?" I gave him a funny look.

"Maybe one day we could go do some street art."

"That sounds perfect." I smiled. And so we kept talking. I asked him about his family (as if I didn't already know), he actually told me some things about his step mom. Mostly good things. He asked me more about school and what I wanted to be. Talking to him was so different. It was like entering a different universe where nothing can bother you or hurt you. He made me genuinely laugh, something only a few people can do. But he was distracting. I had to work to listen to what he was saying because every time he'd tell me a story, I'd just be so mesmerized by his light eyes.

"So anyone special?" He asked.

You. I wanted to say.

"No. Not really. How about you? Anyone you have your eyes on?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually." he said hesitantly.

FUCK. You were supposed to say no!!

"She's really funny." He continued. "..And pretty. But I don't think she knows it."

Little did he know that I didn't give a single shit about this bitch.

.

.