Chapter 41: Smoke

"NO. No, you don't!" He challenged.

"Yeah, OKAYY." I sputtered. "Check your phone! I called you like 800 times last night, and sent you texts which you didn't even READ until 3 in the morning."

"OKAY, but do you except me to pick up when I'm out with friends?!" He snapped.

"No. No Justin, I don't. I'd rather just be worried all day about if you're okay, or if you're in trouble or if you're arrested, or even alive." I exaggerated to show him my point.

"Oh my God, I don't need another mom, Savannah, I already have one of those!" He snapped, using my own stinging words against me, mimicking my tone. Okay. I might have deserved that. I sighed, but in all honestly, I would rather Justin fight back, then just let me win every argument we had. That's one of the things I liked about him.

I'd never liked the use of the word "feminism". It pretty much means "equality", but people often overlook that due to the 'feminine' wedged into it. Personally, I'd much rather just use the word equality itself to ensure I don't provoke any ignorant people.

Anyhow, I think that if a girl punches your arm first, you can punch her right the fuck back. And if she swears at you first, you swear back. If she calls you a prick, you call her a bitch. I think that if she starts a fight, you should treat like any other human being, and defend yourself. Just cause she's a "girl" doesn't mean you should let her win. Now any girl who says otherwise, and then still proceeds to advertise 'feminism' is a damn contradicting fool.

This was partly why I pardoned Justin for his harshness.

He said nothing else, but continued looking at me, waiting for some sarcastic remark that wasn't going to come. I glared back and debated.

"Alright, sorry for giving a shit. Won't happen again." I spat out, and he rolled his eyes. I turned and stormed into my room.

"You know thats not what I meant." He half muttered, half called after me in a slightly softer tone. "Whatever." I called back and walked into my closet, searching for something to wear even thought at this point, I didn't even want to go with him. He leaned in the doorway.

"It's formal." He stated.

I looked away and took a black, heart-shaped open back, knee-length dress, and tossed it onto my bed, missing Justin by a good foot. Then I grabbed matching heels and strode past him in the doorway, proceeding to change. I looked over to him and decided that if he was going to be difficult, so was I.

"Can I help you?" I said just as I had lifted up my shirt, hands still midway in the air.

He tilted his head and gave me a look. "Seriously? Are we really going to do this?"

"Seriously. We are. Get out." I choppily ordered.

"I don't know why you gotta be so damn stubborn!" He mumbled as he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

I rolled my eyes and changed quickly, making my way to the living room to get my eyeliner from my bag. He grabbed the keys and stood up, making his way to the door.

"Helloo?" I called after. He turned. "I'm not done yet! Thanks to your late notice, I literally just got up and changed. I didn't even brush my teeth or comb my hair, let alone put on some make up."

"You don't need ma-" He started in a sweet tone, and then stopped abruptly. I smirked at his slip-up. "Okay go. Hurry." He said in a gruffer way, playing it off. But it was too late, I could already see that he wasn't that mad anymore. I did everything I needed to, and then stepped out, putting my shoes on near the door. Justin stood, looked like he wanted to say something, and then opened the door and made his way to the elevator.