Chapter 31: Answers

******AUTHOR'S NOTE******

Hey!! First off, if you've read this far, I FUCKING LOVE YOU OKAY?! LIKE I JUST..I really love you. Alright, now that that's done, lets get to the point:

I suggest that you read Chapter 10 again before continuing this chapter, in case you forgot some minor but important details, but if you think you remember everything from Ch. 10, then thats cool too. ☺️ Anndd if you guys could leave a comment, telling me weather or not you like the Justin POV's or if you don't/if you'd like to see more Justin POV's or not..yeah, that would be amazingly helpful! 💕 Anyhow, thanks for reading!

Leave a comment, vote, and I hope you enjoy! ☺️

********************************

I was breathing hard, but other than that, I hardly made a sound. There were no tears either, only complete and utter shock. Although, I guess I had made too much noise sitting down, because the voices in the kitchen stopped abruptly. Justin sat down beside me.

"I think they heard us." He whispered. I couldn't get anything out. I was completely confused, in denial, and just unable to function.

"Savannah?" My mom called softly from in the kitchen. I didn't answer, of course. After a few seconds, I heard the screeching of the stool on the kitchen floor. I didn't want her to think I was listening, so I abruptly stood up and made my way around the wall. I came face to face with her, right in the doorway of the kitchen. I glanced at the figure behind her in the dimly lit room, my heart started to beat faster.

"How much did you hear?" She whispered.

I took a deep breath and finally found the words. "Enough." She looked regretful. The confusion was eating away at me. "I want answers." I demanded. I was in such shock, and felt so much adrenaline in my blood that I'd forgotten Justin was still behind me. I turned to find him uncomfortably standing in the shadows, sweating even more than me. I started quietly, taking a step and putting my hand on his chest, nudging him to turn. "Just go upstairs..and-and go to sleep...Don't wait for me." I whispered. He nodded and hesitantly made his way to the stairs.

"Come inside." My mom nodded towards the kitchen. "You should meet.." She said hesitantly, trailing off. I shook my head slightly. We were still standing in the shadows of the wall.

"How?" I demanded. She took a deep breath, and didn't say anything for a long time. Then almost painfully, she spoke.

"That night..." She started. I found it funny because there were so many of "those nights". I knew which one she was talking about, but I just didn't want to think about it. I never really thought about it at all..The last time was probably when I had explained it to Justin, and that too, only because he'd asked. It was just not something I'd like to waste my days away thinking about and staring blankly at walls for..not anymore at least.

"He was..." She mumbled the sentence inaudibly.

"What?" I said loudly. She shushed me. "No. I'm not going to be quiet! I deserve some answers! " I waited for her to say it again.

"He-he was never in the car." She said quietly again, looking down. My eyes widened is disbelief as I realized what she meant.

"What?" I said again, not even wanting to believe her. "A-and.....you knew?" I barely whispered. She nodded slightly. My jaw dropped in utter disbelief. She looked up at me with a tired and guilty expression.

"I'm sor-"

"You KNEW?!....You KNEW and all this time you let me think that he was-?!" I yelled at her, not thinking, just letting the words spew out. "Why?" I kept with my loud, angry tone.