Part 1

The sun is setting, leaving orange hues in the sky. It is the time of the evening when everyone's returning to the warmth of their home.

In a posh area of the city, in the midst of greenery, stands the Murthy Mansion. It is the residence of Murthy family. Anyone who sees the huge mansion and the cars standing in front of the mansion would picturize a very happy family enjoying all the luxuries which money can buy.

But as they say appearances are deceptive. The home was filled with happiness a few years back, but now the residents of the mansion are no longer happy. An incident turned their life upside down.

Mr.Murthy is the head of the family. He is a very successful businessman. He is standing in front of his son and daughter-in-law's garlanded photograph.

Mr.Murthy : "How I wish that day wouldn't have come in our life. You would have still been with us today...."

Mr.Murthy lost his son and daughter-in-law in an accident. But that is not all, there is one more reason for Mr.Murthy's sorrow.

A servant came and interrupted Mr.Murthy's thoughts informing about the arrival of the doctor, who is also Mr.Murthy's son's friend. Mr.Murthy and the doctor went to the bedroom.

A girl in her early 20s is lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. She looks pale, with dark circles under her eyes. The wall behind her bed has her photograph which is a few years old. She was once a bubbly girl full of life. She is Mr.Murthy's granddaughter Nandini.

Doctor : "How is our princess doing?"

Nandini : "I am fine uncle."

Nandini got up and sat on her bed. The doctor sat beside her and started her check up. After checking Nandini, the doctor and Mr.Murthy walked to study.

Mr.Murthy : "Is there any improvement in her health?"

Doctor : "I don't find any improvement. The medicines don't seem to be having any effect on her. If this continues, she won't survive for long."

Mr. Murthy : "Please don't say like that. Isn't there anything that we can do to save her?"

Doctor : "I am sorry. I can't give you false hopes. I would say 6 months is all she has. It is time you fulfill her wishes if she has any and keep her happy."

Seeing Murthy upset,

Doctor : "Pray to God, Uncle. Only a miracle can save her now."

Navya, Nandu's friend who came to talk to the doctor overheard their conversation. Her eyes were filled with tears.

Navya(looking upwards) : "Matarani! Can't you perform some miracle and save my Nandu?"

Navya wiped her tears, tried to pretend to be normal and then went to meet Nandu.

After the doctor left, Mr.Murthy walked to the puja room.

Mr.Murthy(to God) : "You snatched my son and daughter-in-law. Nandini is my only family now and you are trying to snatch her also from me. What have I done that you are punishing me like this?"

Mr. Murthy(to God) : "Please have mercy on me and save my granddaughter. If something happens to her, I will stop believing in you."

Nandu was also with her parents when they met with the accident. She survived, but was left with a weak heart. Since then her health has been detiorating.

Will the almighty have mercy on this family? Will a miracle save Nandu's life, only time will tell.

Around the same time, four friends are waiting for their fifth friend to arrive. The room has a few musical instruments. The friends meet here to practice music few times a week in the evening.

They together form a band called Fab5. They perform in small orchestras. They all belong to middle class families. Their similar background and love for music bought them together. They have been together for a long time.

Mukti : "Alya, where is your BF?What is taking him so long?"

Alya : "How am i to know?"

Mukti : "Then who else will? You are his girlfriend."

Alya : "He didn't pickup the phone when i called him. You know na, he will get irritated if i call him repeatedly."

A few minutes later, a tall handsome young man walked into the room.

Dhruv : "Where were you buddy? We have been waiting for you from a long time."

Alya : "You had an interview today right, how did it go?"

The friend whom they were waiting for is Manik. He is the lead singer of their band.

Manik : "As usual, a candidate with recommendation got the job."

Manik was good at masking his emotions, but Cabir could always see through him.

Cabir : "That's why you were upset and wanted to spend some time alone."

Manik : "Hmm..."

Cabir : "Come let's jam. It will lift your mood too."

Dhruv : "Yes, and we have to practice for the upcoming orchestra too."

They practiced for sometime and left.

Manik had a part time job, but hadn't got a full time job which would suit his qualification yet. His friends also worked at other places during the day.

It was the weekend. Fab5 were discussing how to spend their weekend. After some discussion, they decided to go watch the latest Bollywood movie in a theatre.

Alya and Manik were sitting next to each other. Alya was holding Manik's hand and resting her head on his shoulders. The movie started and the first scene which came up was that of a huge mansion with a line of luxurious cars parked in front of it.

Alya : "Wow! Such a huge mansion! So many cars! Imagine how it would be lead such a luxurious life!"

Alya had started day dreaming already like usual. She was imagining herself in the lead actress's role enjoying all the luxuries. She walked out of the mansion wearing a designer dress and heels. She was sporting a trendy hairstyle and was wearing branded sunglasses. A grand necklace adorned her neck. She had an elegant bracelet on one hand and an expensive watch in the other. She was holding a purse from a well known brand.

The driver came and opened the door of the limo for her. She got inside and sat in style. She took out the latest,expensive model phone and began talking on the phone.

Alya came out of her dreamland.

Alya : "Even we will have all those luxuries one day."

Manik : "That can happen only in your dreams. People can turn so rich overnight only in movies, not in real life."