Part 9

Manik : "It is not as easy as you say. How am I going to pretend? I don't know what to do?"

Mukti : "You could have tried taking Nandini out, but that is not possible since she is sick. So the next option is to buy her some expensive gifts. Haven't you seen how Alya's face lights up when she gets one? Alya always keeps herself up to date with the latest trends, she will be able to help you."

Alya : "Yes sure."

Alya took out a fashion magazine to show what gifts he could buy.

Cabir : "I don't think buying expensive gifts will work."

Alya : "Why wouldn't it work, all girls like expensive gifts."

Cabir : "From what i know of her, she is totally different from what you all are thinking her to be."

Dhruv : "You are talking as though you know her from a long time."

Mukti : "Don't tell me you figured it out by just meeting her during the wedding."

Cabir : "I don't know her personally, but her friend does."

Mukti : "What are you trying to tell Cabir?"

Cabir : "I met her friend,Navya a few days back."

Flashback
Cabir was on his way home, when he bumped into Navya.

Cabir : "Can't you see..."

Cabir recognized her and stopped.

Navya : "I am sorry."

Cabir : "That's alright. How are you?"

Navya : "Fine. How are you?"

Cabir : "Fine. Do you stay around here?"

Navya : "No. I came to visit the temple."

Cabir : "Anything special today?"

Navya : "No, I come here often nowadays."

Cabir : "You do believe in God a lot then."

Navya : "When things go beyond our control, only God can help. I have heard that devotees prayers don't go unanswered here. I am hoping that my wish will get fulfilled too."

Cabir : " Why? What happened?"

Navya : "I am here for Nandu, Nandini. Doctors have given up on her, only god can come to our rescue now."

Cabir : "You care a lot for her. She is lucky to have you as her friend."

Navya : "Actually I am lucky to have her as my friend."

Cabir wanted to know more about Nandini and Navya. Cabir had a different opinion when compared to his friends about Nandini. He wanted to know if he was right or his friends were right.

Cabir : "There is a coffee shop nearby, we can have coffee and chat."

Navya : "No.. not today."

Cabir : "You are politely saying no. I should have thought before asking.Why will rich people like you have coffee with me?"

Navya : "Why are you saying like that? And what makes you think that I am rich?"

Cabir : "Nandini is rich and you are her friend, so you must be rich too. Usually people have friends with similar backgrounds."

Navya : "You are mistaken. That is not the case with us. We are from quite opposite backgrounds."

Cabir : "Then how did you become friends?"