[ encounter ] #5

third person's pov.

“So this is the plan for the intra school ball game.” They're now in a coffee shop, talking about stuff that needed to be talked about. He handed her the paper where the plans for the intra school game are written. Manami took it and looked at it closely.

“There are still 6 days before that but it was given already so that if the participants have plans or practice they still have six days to ready.” He explained, Manami nodded and continued reading it. She's remembering every single thing Asano was saying to explain it clearly to Isogai when she gets back.

‘It was such luck there was an Intra school ball game. There's no way she'll think I planned everything.’ He thought while looking at the innocent girl in front of him.

“T-thank you! I'll hand this to Isogai-kun quickly when I get back.” She said then smiled at him. Manami noticed the sudden change of Asano's reaction into a surprised one.

“W-why..?” She asked which made Asano back to his normal expression and shakes his head, a sign saying it's nothing.

“Uhm so my father told me he won't do anything so just do as you please.” He said, Manami sighed then nodded. It was an expected answer. Manami put her stuff and stood up then bowed.

“Thank you for the information! I'll get going then.” She said. She was about to walk away when Asano called her and walked towards her.

“Why don't we go for a walk? It's still early.” He said. Manami checked at the time and it's just 4:00 PM. Feeling responsible for making him wait earlier, she agreed with the orange-haired guy.

They started walking and walking, it seemed like every corner in Kyoto is beautiful. Asano takes Okuda to the places he knows that's not that known but is worth it to visit. Then after that, they saw a little arcade and played a little. After getting a small stuff toy as a price, they went to a park and sat on the bench. Asano didn't even realize he's no longer following his plans and just unconsciously enjoying. He felt comfortable around her and perhaps, felt free to show his hidden side.

“Oh no... My brother keeps texting..” Manami said as she reads the messages from her brother.
“You have a brother?” Asano asked. Manami nodded.
“They must be caring for you dearly.” He added.
“That's what f-family is, right? Caring for you and loving you to the fullest... I'm happy because I have them! A-although I know I d-disappoint them..” Manami said.

Caring for you and loving you... Such a joke. He thought.

Diving into his deep thoughts, Asano didn't notice that the petite girl beside him is already reading his reactions and thoughts. Just by looking, Manami knew Asano has a very different family from hers so maybe that's why he cannot agree with her statement.

“Y-you must have a problem, aren't y-you? It's ok, d-don't tell me but if you feel like bursting those h-hidden thoughts. I can listen.” She said then displayed a sincere smile. Asano seeing it makes him a bit sad and happy because it's been so long when he last heard such words, what more is, he heard it from a stranger or a girl he's planning to use.
He shakes those thoughts away and focused on his plan. He looked at her smile once more and smirked.

The type to be fooled easily huh.

Manami realized it's already 7:05 PM, not just that, she noticed a message without a name and opened it.

From : Unknown

Okuda-san, text me when you're heading to the bus stop, I'll wait there. This is Karma.

Received 6:30 PM

---------

She was stunned and realized Asano can't walk her to the hotel since it should be kept a secret, Koro-sensei is one of the reasons. She replied to Karma and saved his phone number.

“Uh... I have to g-go now, Asano-kun.” She said then stood up. Asano checked his clock and stand up as well.
“Let me walk you to—” She didn't let him finish his words when she said he can't.
“But why..?” Asano asked.
“I-it appears that w-we will still visit a p-place so I won't be h-heading to the h-hotel yet..” She gulped as she finished her words. Asano felt like she's trying to hide something or maybe someone?
“Let me walk you to the bus stop then.” He continued then gently grabbed her wrist as they started walking away.

In the middle of their walking, the cold wind keeps on blowing and it's making Manami shiver. Asano felt it and noticed that Manami's cold so he stopped and faced her. Manami's eyes met his. Even Asano's mind can't deny the beauty of it. Before the staring got any deep, Asano removed his blazer and wrap the sleeves on Manami's waist. Making it look like a long skirt. Manami can't quickly comprehend what just happened.

“Did it lessen the coldness?” He asked.
“Y-yes! T-thanks!” She answered trying to hide the red blush from her face from embarrassment. Asano nodded and held her wrist again. Asano isn't making moves or what, he's just a bit worried she'll get abducted or lost but half of the reason is he wants her to feel secure so he kept on holding her.

When they reached the bus stop, a figure of a red-haired guy met them.

“Wow, what a gentleman we have here~,” Karma said with his normal playful tone and smirk. Asano let go of her hands. He already knew Akabane for he entered the top 50 in the first midterms and top 2 in the ranking.

He watched as Manami walked towards the guy. He bid his goodbye to Manami and was about to start walking away when Karma spoke.

“She won't need this anymore, Prince~” He teasingly said then threw the blazer to him. Asano catches it and glared at him, meanwhile, the devilish lad enjoyed that kind of expression he made.

“Please to finally meet you, Akabane Karma.” Asano said then show up with a smile with a little bit of glare then walked away.
“What a satisfying expression~,” Karma said then smiled evilly. Manami just sighs, being used to this type of Karma. Not for long, the bus they're riding came and they entered it. They sat on the last sits at the back.

“K-karma-kun... Why did you f-fetch me?” She whispered but enough for him to hear.
“I know you'll gonna ask that. Well, Kayano-chan said someone should fetch you because you can't let that orange-head walk you back in the hotel so we played who will fetch you and the loser will do.” He explained then removed his blazer. Manami was confused and thought he'll arrange the blazer but Karma puts it on her legs without looking at her or the legs.

“T-thank y-you..” is all she can say. The blush from her face started to show up and Karma saw it then giggled. Finding her reactions funny.

After a few minutes Okuda heard a noise of something bumping onto the glass, she saw Karma, sleeping. She placed his head on the normal spot but it keeps on coming back to the bus window so she sighs then lays his head on her tiny shoulder. Not long enough she also fell asleep, laying her head beside Karma's head. It was a long quiet ride because they both fell asleep.