[ the one he likes ] #7

third person's pov.

Some are still asleep but Nagisa's team and Isogai's team already gathered in the dining area.

“It will be another tough day for us.” Isogai said then yawns. Everyone nod in agreement.
“Ah by the way Okuda-san, you left this last night.” Nagisa said then handed her the small teddy bear. Manami was surprised but thanked him after.
“Did someone gave you that, Okuda-san?” Megu asked. Manami nodded as an answer.
“It's probably from that Asano, right?” Kayano asked then looked closely at her.
“Y-yes. We got this as a prize in that small arcade.. He said it'll be weird for a guy bringing such s-so he gave it to me.” She explained.

Just what I thought. It's from him. Karma thought while looking at the bear.

“Tell us! Did you two go on a date?!” Everyone ask in chorus except for Karma.
“I-i think it's nothing like t-that.” Manami answered, cheeks are slowly turning into a pink hue because of embarrassment.

They were about to ask again but the food already arrived and they started eating. After eating they all headed to their rooms again and got ready for their trip-assassinating their teacher.

×××

They tried many attempts but it's no good, their sensei dodge all the shots. So at the end of the day, they all decided to enjoy the last night, some go to the sauna, some go out shopping and Nagisa's team go to the arcade. They are all amazed at how good Kanzaki plays.

“Wait, I remember going here with Karma but now he vanished again.” Sugino said then look around.
“Okuda-san can we go there? I wanna try that game!” Kayano asked Manami excitedly. Manami was about to agree when she realized something.
“H-how about going with N-nagisa-kun? I plan to l-look for Karma-kun.” She excused then looked away. Kayano was about to say no but Nagisa spoke.
“I don't mind coming with you, Kayano.” Nagisa said to her then smiled. Manami noticed the sudden pink blush in her cheeks, she then slowly left them. Manami realized that everyone in their team except for her and Karma have a love story going on, Sugino liking Kanzaki, Kayano liking Nagisa and the feelings of Kanzaki and Nagisa are still unknown to her.

“Now where am I supposed to go...” She whispered to herself then looked around. She remembered saying she'll look for Karma but she thinks Karma already left or gone somewhere far. She was about to leave when she saw a tall red-haired guy in the corner where only a few people go. She went to the guy and saw him playing a game where you should kill zombies. She was amazed at how good the red-haired guy is doing. When Karma finished, he was surprised to see the petite girl behind him.

“Okuda-san~,” He said then walked towards her but when he's a few steps away he stopped and remembered how Manami walked out in front of him earlier. He thought that Manami might be avoiding him.
“You did great, Karma-kun! You even beat the high score. Amazing!” Manami excitedly stated that made Karma look up at her again, she's looking straight at the screen not realizing the mercury eyes on her.

“Oi kid! Here's your prize.” The old man called Karma so he glanced at him. The old man was holding a medium-sized red bear. Karma was about to say he doesn't like it but it was already thrown to him.
“The bear is as red as your hair.” Manami said then chuckled.
“Okuda-san, you can have it~,” He said then tosses the bear to her and walked toward her.
“I'm not interested in stuff like this...” She said then stared at the bear.
“You can throw it~,” He said then walks away.
“B-but I'll consider this as a g-gift. Thank you!” She said that made Karma stunned. He can't even look back at her because a wide grin is showing on his face even though he doesn't know why that simple words made him so happy.

“That's a relief...” He whispered to himself then turned around only to see her heading to the exit. He looked around and saw Nagisa and Kaede playing, same with Sugino and Kanzaki. He finally realized that maybe that's the reason why Okuda left already. He decided to go outside and saw Manami there too. She noticed his presence and wave at him while he is walking towards her.

“Giving them enough love time huh?” He asked which made Manami chuckle.
“Too obvious, I see.” She said then smiled awkwardly because she didn't think she'll be caught. Karma gazed at her and thought about what happened earlier. Manami noticed him staring so she asked him about it.
“Ah, nothing... I was just wondering why did you avoid me earlier..” Karma said then chuckled. Manami tried to remember when she avoided him and remembered earlier.
“That... I wasn't planning to avoid Karma-kun b-but your chest is showing and I-I'm...” Manami can't help but blush hard remembering the view she saw earlier. Karma finally understood it then laughed.
“Sorry sorry~ I didn't see it.” He said then Manami nodded.

They talked about random stuff like a poison with no harm to prank Terasaka or poison for Korosensei. Karma can't help but get excited, he totally wanna prank his classmates.

“Okuda-san!” Kaede shouted then ran towards Okuda. Both Karma and Manami got confused by the sudden appearance of the small girl.
“Let's go back to our rooms now. Bye Karma-kun!” Kaede said then walked away with Okuda's arms on her, almost dragging her at how fast she walked. Meanwhile, the red-haired guy was still shocked and confused.

They continue walking but no one dared to speak, Manami noticed that Kaede is blushing but she can't read the expression in her eyes but she knows there's probably sadness included in it.

×××

“Oh, Nagisa-kun..” Karma said as he saw Nagisa walking towards him.
“Did you see Kayano?” He asked. Karma nodded.
“She took Okuda-san with her. She said they'll be back in their rooms. Something happened?” Nagisa shook his head then sighs.
“I don't know but... She suddenly run away and told me she got a stomachache.” Nagisa said then scratched his nape.
“Why did she take Okuda-san? She could have taken Kanzaki-san. We're talking about important things earlier.” Karma stated sounding disappointed, clearly heard because their discussion about poison was interrupted.

“I don't know...” Nagisa whispered then looked at Karma who's currently walking away now. He followed him and they were about to go to their rooms when he stopped walking.
“Go ahead Nagisa-kun, I'll still buy a strawberry milk~,” He said then headed in a different direction. He was about to open the door when Sugino showed up grinning so wide and blushing hard, probably because he had Kanzaki all by himself earlier. As they enter, other boys give them a paper, it seems like voting for the most liked girl in the class. Sugino obviously chose Kanzaki while Nagisa chose Kaede.

“You all seems like having fun~,” Karma stated as soon as he entered the room then watched them.
“Oi Karma-kun, who do you like in the class?”
“Okuda-san maybe?” He answered straight to the point that made everyone shocked but after Karma told his reasons, they just let the issue slip because their teacher was listening so they ran to catch him. Nagisa runs too but stops when he saw Kayano in the hall.

"Hey, Kayano." He greeted her. Kayano smiled at him then looked at the stars outside. They were talking about Koro-sensei but Nagisa remembered something.

“Uhm— by the way Kayano about earli—" He didn't finish what he was about to say when Kayano spoke.
“About Okuda-san and Karma-kun? You noticed too! Karma-kun is pretty obvious, right?” Kayano asked, still looking at the stars. Nagisa tried analyzing Kayano but he cannot. It feels like he can't at all. He sighs then nodded even though it wasn't the topic he was about to point out.
“But I just hope Okuda-san won't get in trouble because of him.” He said. He can't tell her Karma's reason for liking Manami. She'll probably get mad.
“Ah finally! I can tease Okuda-san with someone.” she thinks it's a good thing because Manami keeps on noticing her feelings for the blue-haired guy and she doesn't like how she feels so she wants it to be burried.

Hearing it makes Nagisa remember something. In the paper that was handed to them earlier, Manami was actually listed at the back of the paper and he saw one vote for Manami. Karma wasn't there that time so it's probably not Karma.

It's not just Karma-kun?