End of the Begining

Rated T-M

Word Count: 2,285

No Ships

Trigger warnings are always applied, read at your own risk.

Shout out to meadow119 for being an awesome human being.

Henry parked in Junk 'N Stuff's lot, letting a wave of memories wash over him. Once he was done reminiscing about the good old days he turned of his car, grabbed his duffle bag and walked into his home. "Guys?" He asked as he walked through the shop. Ray hasn't bothered to redecorate, everything looked the same as it did on his last day in Swellview. He frowned when he passed the register and Gooch wasn't there. The old man's creepy potted plant wasn't there anymore either. After he walked to the back of the store he pressed the secret button to get to the Man Cave.

The second the doors slid open someone started to shot at him with a laser gun, luckily he dove to the side and didn't use his powers on instinct. "Jasper, it's me!" The person doing the laser firing stopped, the blond peeked his head around the corner.

"Henry?" His old boss asked in disbelief. "What are you doing here?" Ray asked him, the superhero didn't move. Henry dropped his bag on the floor then began to walk around the Man Cave.

"You really haven't changed anything at all." Henry said first, Ray was still looking at him like a fish out of water.

"But, but you moved. You weren't coming back." Henry nodded then stopped walking around the room when he reached the glass case holding his old uniform.

"That was before Jasper told me about this new villain." He could see Ray cross his arms in the reflection of the glass,

"He wasn't supposed to tell you about that." Henry frowned,

"What do you mean? I can help!" He asked turning around to see Ray approaching him,

"No, you got out, you were supposed to stay out." Henry groaned,

"Ray, I can help you guys! I've been keeping up on my training, you said I can come back!" Suddenly his phone rang surprising the both of them. "I have to take this." He muttered answering the call.

Henry Danger/MBAV

Ray Manchester was not one to be caught off guard, but his original sidekick showing up out of the blue? That changed everything they've been doing to take down Mystery Man. One thing for sure, he didn't miss the change in Henry's posture, or his expression when he answered the phone. Making sure the blond wasn't paying attention to him Ray tapped into his phone call with a head set.

"Henry, it's getting worse." Said a girl's voice on the other end. "I know you just got there and I know how important this castaway charm will be in the future but..." As she trailed off Ray watched Henry's face slip into an expression of concern.

"Look, Jade you know I have to do this." He responded, the girl didn't respond. "Being this far apart is messing with me too Jade, is Benny-" The girl - Jade - cut him off,

"He's fine. We've been dealing with the other threat." Ray frowned, he thought Henry was finally living the life he deserves, not another one of pain.

"My powers are on the fritz." Henry admitted, Ray looked over to where he was but Henry stood with his back to the superhero.

"That's Sara." Jade said, "the council called an emergency meeting. They still don't like that people like us are living in their town." Henry scoffed,