Losing

Rated T-M

Word Count: 1,485

Trigger warnings are always applied, read at your own risk.

The entire car ride Benny got antsier and antsier. "Dude, calm down," Rory said slapping him on the back, Benny almost cursed the vampire's hand off.

"Calm down?" Benny repeated in a question, "calm down? I'd like to see you calm when your Raki is in danger!" At Rory's confused expression Benny rolled his eyes then explained.

"When a Psychic and a Spellmaster complete their vinculum they can't be apart for a long period of time." Erica frowned then from the back seat she asked,

"What do you mean?" Benny thought for a moment then answered,

"It's like a piece of rubber band is connecting us together, if we get too far away from each other, or if something happens and we lose our given powers then the band snaps. It would feel like when your foot or arm falls asleep, times a million. It would be like a part of me has disappeared." The rest of the car ride to Swelllview was in silence as the others mulled over what losing Henry would do to Benny.

They arrived after dark so the teens checked into a motel before driving to Junk 'n Stuff. "Hello?" Sara called out as they entered the shop, a teen Benny didn't know walked out from the back of the store.

"Who're you?" He asked, Benny, crossed his arms then said,

"Benny Weir, who are you?" The teen's eyes widened in surprise as he introduced himself,

"I'm Jasper Dunlop, Henry's best friend." Benny nodded then asked,

"where's my cousin?" Jasper winced but gestured behind the curtain,

"this way, but only you can come. My boss is kind of secretive when it comes to who gets to see the basement." After hearing this Benny narrowed his eyes, but followed the teen's instructions nevertheless. A few minutes later the elevator door dinged open and Benny was gasping for air on the floor.

"What the hell was that?" The Spellmaster asked not even noticing them entering the secret base of Captain Man. Jasper just chuckled,

"you get used it after a while." He paused as if Benny was supposed to be surprised. As he looked around the room they were in he finally realized what secrets his cousin kept from them.

"Henry was Kid Danger?" Jasper nodded,

"yeah, then when he left he gave the position to me." Suddenly Benny felt a stabbing pain in his chest, but no blood or marks appeared when he pulled up his shirt.

"Where's my cousin?" Jasper hesitated but showed him to the room Henry was laying in. It looked like the blond was encased in a protective web of gold, green, black and blue magic, the black magic was obviously trying to take over the other colors, but at least Henry's magic was protecting him. Benny sucked in a breath, "he didn't tell me it was this bad." Suddenly a door opened and a man stepped through,

"Jasper, I told you to tell me when they get here!" Benny flinched at his loud voice then asked,

"are my friends still here?" The man nodded,

"Ray Manchester AKA Captain Man, hence why we're in the Man Cave right now." Benny zoned out whatever else Ray was talking about and focused on Henry's energy signature. He summoned some of his magic and willed it to slowly poke and prod at the protective casing surrounding his cousin. Whenever he touched the black magic it attacked his. "What are you doing?" Ray asked him finally realizing Benny wasn't listening to him anymore.