Chapter 10

It doesn't seem like it should be but it is. 2 years have now passed since Logan left. When Christmas came around I was depressed beyond belief. The only thing keeping me going is Charlie. We've bonded even more these last few months. She's been coming with me on the nights that I need to hunt. I was quite impressed when she caught the speeding rabbit.

Today since Charlie has no classes because of the weekend, we are taking a little trip into the woods to a small waterfall I had found. It wasn't a very big waterfall but beneath it, the water pooled and slowly runoff into a creek.

"I can't wait to see the waterfall."

"I know you'll like it." I said telepathically as we walked through the woods.

"Will there be fish there?"

"Just small ones." I said. I breathed in the air taking in the scent of the waterfall. We  walked up a small hill before the waterfall came into view.

Charlie looked over at me and I nodded my wolf head. I watched the little wolf run towards the water before jumping in making a big splash. I shook my head at the young girl as I got down to the water's edge.

"Come on mom! Get in the water!" I smiled inwardly and jumped right next to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~Logan's POV~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've found what I needed to know except for the name of the person responsible for giving me this skeleton. I found a file of myself and few other people who's was not as successful as mine. Evidently I volunteered for this shit. The file I read said I was to be some sort of weapon but it didn't specifically say as to what I was going to be doing. That frustrated me beyond belief.

After finding out the information I needed, I went looking for the person responsible. I followed many leads but it all lead to nothing so I'm giving up my search and returning to the woman I love. I just hope her love hasn't slipped away from me.

I pulled into the mansion's driveway and saw that the place hadn't changed. I parked the truck next to a Chevelle I didn't remember seeing before. It was a nice looking car. I left the garage and headed into the mansion to see Charles.

"Logan!" I looked as someone said my name. It was Storm.

"Hey Storm." I said smiling.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing fine. Where's Chey?" I asked as I adjusted my duffle bag.

"I think you should see the Professor about that."

"Did she leave?" I inquired feeling sadness come over me.

"No she's still here. Let's go see the Professor." I walked with Storm down the hallways until coming to Charles' office.

"Logan welcome back. Did you find what you were looking for?"

"Yeah a little. Where's Chey?" I asked again.

"Sit down Logan. We need to talk."

"Did something happen to Chey?" I questioned.

"No Logan. She's perfectly fine physically. It's mentally." I looked at the Professor and he sighed, "When you left, she sat at that gate everyday waiting for you to return. 6 months later she found herself a night job at a bar singing but she still sat there awaiting your return. There hasn't been a day she has missed sitting in that one spot but now she has company."