One Step At A Time.

Lucy's point of view

Waking up the morning after finishing nearly every last bottle of alcohol, and talking about old antics, I realise we need coffee. 

So leaving Adam sleeping, he looks so cute snuggled in the duvet on my bed, and the rest of the boys are still crashed out in different rooms.

I decide to grab a quick shower before nipping to the shop and making a few calls,I wish to not tell the boys.

I pick up my phone and call my good friend J, It had been a while since I had seen her, and I was just hoping she would answer

Hey Biatch, it's me I say laughing.

Oh my god L, is that really you? Where the hell have you been? My sister from another Mr, she says laughing.

Long story sister, but I have some good news, guess who's coming to New York?

No way, she starts to scream down the phone, nearly bursting my ear drums. I'm so excited, just think of all the shopping and nights out and oh my god i just can not wait, I can introduce you to my brother.

I arrive late tomorrow night chica. So, after I catch some well deserved zzz's we can do a catch up if your free.

Oh hell yeah. She starts to giggle.

Look I have to go, but keep your calendar free for me okay?

Okay, kisses L

Okay, kisses J

I end the call paying for the coffee and taking a stroll back to the house to see that the for sale sign is finally up.

I sigh, and for the first time in a very long time I feel relieved, like weight being lifted off my shoulders, as I step into the house that is nearly virtually empty, I walk towards the kitchen.

"Morning" Darryl says making me jump, I place my hand my heart, which feels like it will come out of my chest, I start laughing.

"Jeez, Morning D"

"Morning stroll? " he says as he grins at me.

"Yeah, I realise we needed coffee" I say smiling back

"So what's the plan for today?" He asks, as I fix the coffee. "Beach?"

"Erm. .. actually, you all can but, I have my flat to clear out"

"What flat?" Adam and Matt ask at the same time as Colin walks in not knowing what he's missed.

Oh fuck, I say to myself, putting my hand back on my chest, I did not really want to explain. "I erm... " I go and grab 5 cups to out the coffee in as I try and find the words to explain.

"Lucy what flat?" Matt asks as I turn around to go to the fridge.

"Erm after you all left, some stuff happened and, I moved out and got a flat, I erm..., I only came back here, after the funeral." I say looking down avoiding eye contact

I don't need to look up, I can already tell they have more questions to ask. "I don't wanna talk about it anymore, if you guys wanna go to the beach, or do whatever that's fine, but if I'm coming to new York, I need to clean out my flat, it won't take long, I need to put it up for sale"

"You bought a flat?" Colin asks

"Who's for coffee? everyone I take it? I try to change the subject"

"That's why your surfboards not here" Adam says

"Yeah, if you wanna borrow it, take to the beach, you can come grab it, from the flat, the waves are still great as ever at this time if year, it's had some serious pounding I could do with a new board" I am so nervous pouring the coffee, I nearly spilling it from shaking.