Phone call

Lucy's point of view

I make my way to the park I thought this maybe the best place to talk to colin and Adam,  my heart is racing so fast.

After I dropped the twins off this morning at school, after explaining that Darryl and matt had come into town early to see them and had brought two if our close friends with them, they seemed ecstatic at the idea of meeting them.

Honestly I was on edge, I thought maybe a public place away from the house to talk would be best and nicolae would bring them here after school.

I was starting to think maybe I should if choose somewhere that served alcohol would have been a better choice for everyone, including my shaken nerves.

I look at the time on my phone and I sit nervously tapping my foot, dressed in black ripped jeans, blavk skull racerback top and leather jacket, natched perfect eiyh my ankle boots, especially if running after the twins, i scrapped my hair back into a high ponytail, no make-up fir the 1St tine in years, my phone rings unknown number.

I nearly didn't answer but changed my mind at the last minute, I said your a chicken, it's just a call answer the phone, idiot.

As I did a female voice spoke, do you know where Darryl was while your were pregnant? And did you know where he was when you went into labour with your precious twins? I sit stunned, with my phone pressed to my ear as I hear the horrible incessant evil laugh that teared it's way through my phone, for some reason I felt sick, not to mention her horrible obnoxious voice.

But I gritted my teeth and spoke, who the hell are you? What do you want? And how the hell did you get my private number? Her laugh continued, your safe don't worry, but Darryl won't be, the line goes dead, whoever she was she just hung up on me, I need to talk to darryl.

I felt he anger rise in me, I was no longer scared, but I was pissed, who the hell knew about my kids, whobwas she to speak to md like that and what connection did she have to Darryl, I had so many questions. 

I picked up my phone and before the 3rd ring he answered.

Hey, we will be there in 10, he sounded cheerful, but I was about to break that.

We need to talk, I say angry, he must know through my tone how much I was annoyed.

Yes, sure.... erm. ... He stammers a little.

It's important, I say before hanging up.

I quickly dial Nicolae, it rings 4 times and he answer, hey sweetie what's up?.

Hey, you coming alone with the twins?

Yes that was the plan, why what's wrong?

I just got a really weird call, I wondered if you could stay a bit,  maybe bring drogo or Peter with you.

Okay, I will also bring lorrie she can play on the swings then we're close by, are you okay?

No I'm feeling..... A little angry, I guess I wanna know how this woman got my number. She knew about the twins nico, she asked questions about darryl, I'm not sure I like the idea that this woman may have too much knowledge, I hot a horrible feeling.

Okay, leave it with me okay?

I sigh yes, okay.

It will be fine, just breath. He tells me I can tell he's trying not to laugh.

Darryl's point of view

Hey, we will be there in 10, I felt happy when i see her name come up on my screen, i could not wait to see her she always puts me in a better mood

We need to talk, she says angry, I felt my body stiffen what happened, she pissed what did I do I try to search my mind for answers, matt shouts me to hurry up I hold 1 finger up.

Yes, sure.... erm. ... i stammers trying to understand why she is so upset.

It's important, she says before hanging up.

Great, just fucking great, I answer matt, I was on the phone to Lucy give me a minute, i am just going to change my shirt, geez boy. Sometimes you act like a child matt, I say trying not to laugh.

I know he's excited to see the twins and Lucy,  he has had a hard time not telling colin and Adam anything, I understand but as he originally said this is down to me and Lucy to explain things not him.

As I finish buttoning my shirt, I go to grab my hat as my phone rings again, I think it's Lucy and so i automatically answer, yes babe? 

Awww how cute, said the female voice, I freeze recognising it without needing to ask who it was, she gives a cackle continues, I gave your baby mama a call, I take it shes pissed at you...

She cute in a sweet innocent way said the voice, and your kids, oh my god they are so photogenic, I mean who would know that the great darryl ortega could have two amazing beautiful specimens for kids.

What do you want? I say through gritted teeth, I see matt in the hall pacing waiting, tapping his index finger against his watch.

She laughs, isn't it obvious, I want you dead, your money, your gang, your villa, and i want you in the meantime to stay away from that precious Lucy and the twins.

Not going to happen, I will track you down and put a bullet in your head.

Oh sweetie, she says laughing making me feel nauceous, you will because your precious lana left me plenty of evidence of you and her, matt will find out and I'm already got plans in motion for your Lucy and the kids, if you go against what I say.

I sigh, I got to go, I hang up, right now need to see lucy and my kids, I need to know there okay?  What did she tell lucy to make her so annoyed? I need to fix this problem now with... 

I sigh, I can't even say her name she makes my skin crawl... 

I pick up my phone text Carlos, I want to deal with this problem the minute I get back to new york.

I hurry picking up my hat and the keys to my rental car, I am quickly followed by Matt colin and Adam.