Trying to change

Darryl's point of view

I left Lucy and my kids behind as I leave with matt driving, I felt like I was making a mistake leaving but i had business to deal with.

Top it all off, I also had a deal with the fbi, I couldn't go back on otherwise, I sigh. it means both matt and me will end up going to jail.

There is so much rubbish running through my head, I had to try and find a way to tell Lucy all this, the real truth if why i was always end up walking away from her, that I can't just walk away from this gang, well not any time soon anyway.

I still, have the image of the twins sat on my knee, they way they smiled at me, the way they hugged me, they are amazing truly, they are a mixture of me and Lucy,  but they also a little of matt's personality running through them too.

I can't believe on how much I've missed out on, how much I messed up, how much I need to change, I just left behind my family.

I rub my eyes feeling so tired after a long day, I do not know how they can have so much energy for 3 year old. 

So, what's the plan now? Matt asks bringing me back I reality.

We're going back for the twins birthday, and your right, we do need to tell colin and Adam the truth, I look at matt watching his expressions changed through everything I say, but he mainly just keeps smiling.

You and Lucy have amazingly spectacular children Darryl, he sighs. Your lucky, abuela would love to meet them, she would be proud.

Yeah, can we drop that subject for now, there is a lot to do before that, I need to fix things with Lucy. Now I've seen my kids, i want them close to me, but with what i do, it will put them in more danger, i rub my chin. 

I need to bring them back to New York, one way or another. I whisper this last part but Matt being Matt he has mighty good hearing.

You know once Lucy makes her mind up on something she won't budge, or she will pull completely back if you try to force her hand.

He looks at me for a moment before looking back at the road. 

Maybe I need a new property, somewhere were there is more open space.

Finally on the plane, matt falls asleep, leaving me to my own thoughts, I can't slerp, so I decide to start doing some research, if I want Lucy and the twins with me, I need bigger house, more space for them to play, somewhere I can make the property and the surrounding areas secure, and therefore I can control who comes and goes from the property, then I can just use the villa for business meetings therefore keeping the kids safer.

I know I don't need to worry about Lucy so much. I ring kirsty quickly, she answers by the 3rd ring.

Kirsty: Mr darryl

Kirsty, can you remember the properties Lucy was looking at buying here near New York?

Kirsty: Only one Mr darryl, long island beach property, would you like me to send you a message with the details?

Yeah that would be great, I will be home in around 3 and half hours ish.

I hang up looking out the windows of the plane, how can I get everything I want? I say out loud sighing.

My phone buzzes 1 new message, but before I press to view it, I see the new background picture of the twins, Lucy, matt and me.

Time to grow up darryl, I tell myself looking at the message, I research the property which was already sold to a private buyer.