Kids

Darryl's point of view

We see Lucy stood at the door, my heart skips more than one beat as I see her bent down in front of two twins a girl and a boy, they look a mixture of both me and Lucy.

Have a good day at nursery you two, I love you, she says giving them both a kiss, and straightening there uniform, as a women takes there hands leading them down the steps to a car, they shout love you mummy.

My heart stops, I feel Matt's eyes on me, like they could burn through my skin.

I look back seeing a guy from a few of the photos in the box lucy left me, he puts his hand round her waist, pulling her close to his chest and kissing her cheek, making her grin.

My heart is banging out of my chest, anger is now rising, I want to get out if this car and find out what the hell is going on, but I sit back, realising matt has his hand pushed across my chest to stop me from moving forwards.

I watch and the door opens again and the guy leaves, I remove my seat belt slam my door, matching up the steps and bang on the front door, with Matt close behind me, a women answers the door.

Hi, may I help you? She stands smiling sweetly, in her university uniform.

I can't answer, but matt does, Hi, we are here to see Lucy. 

Oh, of course come in, I just get her for you, she walks off leaving us in the entrance, I look around white grand hall that's black and white, huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Large mirror table at the entrance with a glass bowl full of fruit.

The girl returns with Lucy at the side of her, it's fine Jade, take my car and go to uni, I won't need it today and I trust you, if Drogo has a problem tell him to speak to me she says to the young girl, who smiles and nods in reply.

Thank you Lucy, have a nice day, I will cook when I return.

As she passes us, she smiles, it was nice to meet you. She says before walking off quickly exiting.

Hello, Lucy says looking nervous.

We need to talk, I say as she nods, she leads us into an old fashioned living room, filled with mahogany furniture, nothing like the entrance we were standing in mere moments ago.

Would you like some coffee? She asks more nervous than she was before. I just nod trying to keep my temper in check. 

As she exits, me and Matt take the time to look around the room.

The walls and the matel have pictures from the twins birth the same one in my wallet, them growing up pictures of Lucy and the guy she huged when she was 18, he hasn't changed, the two lads stood with Lucy and the little girl with pink hair, from her being a baby to now.

Lucy re- enters she sits on the chair after placing down the tray with coffee, cups and biscuits.

I heard from Owen, that you two were on your way here.

How the hell did he know where we where going? I want to ask but I don't I wait to ask. 

I just nod, why did you run Princess? Matt asks as she looks and me, and swallow hard, ask Darryl. 

I feel anger arise from the pit of my stomach. As she say why did you come now? I am sure you saw the kids leave so your not here to see them? she asks.

I rub my nose it feels ichy as much as I am feeling irritated.

We are interupted by a knock on the door,  sorry to disturb Madam Bartholy, Nicolae asked if you would be here to see the kids when they return? he knows your phone was broke last night.