CHAPTER 3

ALLIE

As I get back to my seat Daniela is staring at me, watching me closely, her big blue-green eyes asking me so many questions at once and I don't know what to say. I'm so confused. What do I tell her?! I give my head a small shake letting her know I do not want to talk about it. She pauses a moment staring at me curiously then she seems to understand that I really don't want to talk about it. So, she nods her head once and looks out the window while I look ahead thinking about what to tell her. I know she isn't going to give up easily not about something like this.

She is right when it comes to me being able to 'see' the future... but it's not what she thinks. It can be as simple as I get a 'feeling' or I picture a different reality. I've never had a dream like what just happened. It's a history in my family it skips around a lot thought the last person in my family that claimed to 'see the future' was my great grandmother on my mom's side I never had the chance to meet her. But my grandmother knows what is going on... My mom doesn't know about our family history... Or my history I should say. When I was younger I spent the night with her (my grandmother) and I'm not sure what happened but a few years later when I was older she came to me.

"How often does it happen?"

" How often does what happen, memaw?"

"The visions, baby. How often?" she asked again.

At first, I didn't know what she was talking about not till years later when I had my first memorable vision.

"I think this would look cute on you," my stepmother says bent over in her closet looking for clothes when she stands up straight and turns towards me I see her with big round belly. I'm seeing her, she's pregnant, I get this feeling inside me and I don't know if I like the feeling or not.

I'm starting into space when I feel Daniela push me and I look at her and realize the bus has stopped moving and we're here.

"Oh. Sorry." I mumble my mind still on my memories and thoughts. I get up and follow the rest of the team out we go and start preparing our station in front of the bleachers a little ways from the field.

***

It's halftime and our team is down by two points. One of our main quarterbacks is injured right now I'm icing his shoulder ... fun!!

He's grumpy and his name is Ashton Woods. 

"LETS GO PANTHERS!!!" I yell encouragement to my team.

"I can't believe this! Two fucking points and we're fucking losing!" He says more to himself than me. But I put my two cents in any way.

"Well, we're still only at halftime that is plenty of time to get more touchdowns. We can still win. We have a big chance of winning actually if you think about it."

He gives me a look that says ...well not very nice words, but I just glare at him he knows I'm right why argue?

He seems to understand this after a few minutes of a 'no blinking contest' that I didn't know we were having now. He gives a sharp nod once and then turns his attention to the field to watch. I do the same I turn and watch the game as it plays in front of me. My eyes watching one in particular player on the field, he's got the ball at the moment, he's running, his passing other players, he's almost there, he's almost got a touchdown ...then a big dog pile right on top of him a bunch of the guys on the other team are huge but not as big as the guys on our team. The guys on our team look like green Giants compared to them. So, I'm a little surprised when I realize that the one person I was watching on the field... he's hurt ... and hurt bad.