CHAPTER 12

ALLIE

I watch as Colby circles the bus and disappears to the other side. As soon as he is out of my view I realize everything starts to go dark and my hearing goes quite like the volume is being turned down on a radio or TV...

Oh...

I look around still only seeing darkness like the darkest night I have ever seen. Then I see a small light. When I focus on it, it grows bigger and bigger. I suddenly feel unsafe. I feel like I'm floating to... death, my death.

The closer I get the more I can make out that the light is a fire, a big one, and it looks like a house or an abandoned building. Then I hear the screams... That sounds like-

"ALLIE! HELP ME!"

DANNY!

I try to run to the house, but I suddenly feel paralyzed I can't move it feels as if I am being weighed down by bricks.

Then I hear another scream a man this time, coach Kelly!

"AHHHH!! PLEASE, SOMEONE!"

All I can do is watch and listen to my best friend, my sister as she burns to death. Then I see someone leave the burning house, he looks familiar... It's him! The man who took her and coach Kelly. As he looks around he looks right at me. His eyes lock with mine and an evil smile appears on his face that makes him look ugly.

With our eyes still locked he is suddenly just inches from me and his face so close his nose is nearly touching mine. I see his mouth moving but I can't hear him. It's like he is just moving his mouth, silent words trying to escape. But suddenly he is screaming at me. It's not his voice it is so many other voices loudly screaming at me.

"ALLIE! ALLIE WHY!... AL-LIE... ALLIE WAKE UP!"

"Allie." A sweet, gentle voice whispers in my ear and the scene in front of me has disappeared and is replaced with a dark green seat... The bus! I feel someone gently take my hand I look up to see Colby, his mouth is moving but I can't hear him. Sometimes it takes a minute for my hearing or sight to return. He was still talking so I reached up and put a finger to his mouth to stop him, he just looks at me. After a moment a loud buzzing noise sounds in my ear but only lasted for a second then stops. I look at Colby who looks at me worried, but I smile at him.

"Are you alright?" he asked quietly.

I silently nod.

"Are you going to tell me what just happened?" he asks.

"Honestly... I'm not sure." My voice is barely above a whisper.

He nodes, looking at me oddly.

I am unsure what to tell him. I know I can't tell him the truth, mainly because it doesn't affect him, and I'm not sure how. He watches me a few moments before a girl walks up and puts a hand on his shoulder. He doesn't acknowledge her or takes his eyes off mine. But when she clears her throat he glances at her.

"What?"

"Coltan is starting trouble."

He simply nods and looks at me. "I'll be right back princess."

Ah, how I love that little nickname.

I nod and watch as he walks away. I start to feel sick, so I lean my head against the window and before I know it I fall asleep... and dream, dreams that no one should dream.