CHAPTER 10

ALLIE

I load the bus and get Colby settled comfortably, then I get Ashton settled then the rest of the team settles and soon were off heading home.

The ride back seems to take longer than on the way there, but I guess it's because it's late. I get up a couple of times to check on Colby and Ashton, the third time I get back there Ashton is asleep and I turn to Colby.

"How's your knee?" I ask.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Do you need anything?"

" No...um want to sit?" He asks.

"You should really keep your leg elevated," I say as he moves it, so I could sit.

"It's fine I promise it's not hurting me." He says patting the seat next to him. I look back to my seat where Danny is leaning against the window asleep well she won't miss me much... I think and take the seat next to him, but because he's such a big guy (as in muscular) and I'm a big girl when we both sit in the same seat were touching. For me, that's very distracting. I look down at our touching thighs and my hand that is on my knee ... I think about it but then dismiss the thought.

"So about earlier what are you scared I was going to do?" I ask as the time ticks by.

"Oh um... that you would reject me..."

I look at him baffled. After a moment he looks at me shocked.

"What?"

"ME REJECT YOU!?" I whisper/scream at him.

"Yes." He says with a straight face.

I look away "I would never." I say in a small voice.

"What?" He asked.

"I said I would never reject you. I mean look at you and look at me, you're very good looking, smart, athletic, and popular, you could have anyone... So why me? I mean I'm average looking-I guess-, I'm not smart at all, I don't really like sports, and I have one friend. Whom, by the way, has been like my sister for years now and I love her so much and am so thankful for her." I finally finish talking and realize I was just blabbing about nothing.

"What are you talking about you're beautiful, and quick on your feet and you can't deny that I've seen you think on the spot before. You do archery so that's a sport, and I'm your friend. Look I know we don't talk much like we should, but I know more than you think. So, stop questioning it and just go with it. Ok? I like you, Allie, so get used to it."

I look at him a moment then down at my hands where I see he has taken a hold of it and squeezes it gently. I look back up to him and nod. We sit there awhile not talking finally I start to feel sleepy, so I lean my head back on the seat to rest.

When I wake about 30 or 45 minutes later I am looking at the back of the seat in front of me then I feel what woke me, the bus, it bounces as coach Kelly is pulling over. At first, I think we are back at the school, so I take my time from leaning up and looking around that's when I realize I'm leaning on someone Danny? ... Wait... I look up and see it's Colby, he's asleep. That's when I hear something I look up slowly and see the coach getting off the bus and I notice we are not at school... We are in the middle of nowhere. I look over to the other side of the bus I see the coach on his phone and he looks angry and he's pacing then something else cached my eye, in the woods I see dark glowing grey eyes and it's slowly getting closer to coach. When it's almost to the edge of the woods it pounces on coach attacking him. I watch as he fights back and then I see something odd coach is changing ...And not his clothes...There is hair coming out of his skin like it's growing right in front of my eyes, and I can hear what sounds like... Bone breaking? Ugh gross! I notice his eyes change to a bright glowing yellow color. This happens so fast that I almost miss it and in coaches' place is a dark grey wolf fighting back.,. WHAT?! Then before I know it the other wolf is on top and is getting at his neck attacking him and I think killing him. What do I do?? Not really having any time to think I reach for my phone but stop when I hear a loud crunch and the grey wolf goes still than the other wolf drags him off.

I sit there a few moments watching as the wolf completely disappears with my coach who apparently just turn into a gray wolf in front of my eyes... that sounds crazy but that's what I saw, no one's going to believe me! ... Then I start to panic I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do I sit their watch, looking in the direction that coach was pulled off in then suddenly, I hear quiet growling coming from the woods and all around the bus. I don't move if it comes on the bus and attacks us I don't know what to do. I stay as still as I can but watch closely. Then there's a considerable number of them coming out I watch as they begin changing into men, they're not just animals but men. I watch as one of the men slowly and quietly aboard the bus. I stay still, and I swear I stopped breathing. I watch as he leans over into the seat that I was sitting in and looks right at Danny, I watch as he picks her up leaves off the bus in the whole pack turns and leaves. Once they're gone I hear loud howling and growling coming from the woods it was so loud that I reached up and covered my ears, the whole bus was awake now. Colby who was sitting next to me jumps and is looking around I think he even realizes that something's not right he looks to me.

"What happened?!"