CHAPTER 5

COLBY

I open my eyes to look into the beautiful bright green eyes of Allie.

I soon realized she said my name and at that, I feel the corners of my mouth lifts into a small smirk. I have been watching this girl since my 8th-grade year since her 7th-grade year.

Although we're in different grades, I do know we're about the same age, I'm a senior now and she's a junior. It's hard to think that after all these years I've never said anything to her but watch her from a distance making sure she was safe from anything and everything.

And I know I probably sound like a stalker or something like that but I'm not. The first moment I laid eyes on her I imprinted on her marking her mine for the rest of my life and hers. Which is odd because usually werewolves only imprint on other werewolves and Allie most definitely is not a werewolf I'm not sure what she is, but I know she's not entirely human, I just wonder if she knows that. I've always cursed myself for being too weak to talk to her. I always tried to but every time I looked at her I just got so nervous - which is very unusual for a soon-to-be Alpha. But now here she is her hand on my lips. Her fingers are soft and gentle, and now I don't know what to do with myself.

"Allie." Before I realized it, her name left my lips and it left a sweet taste in my mouth. At the movement of my lips she seemed to realize that her fingers were still on my lips she glanced down at them and then a beautiful deep blush spread across her face as she timidly pulled her fingers away. As soon as her gentle touch was gone I wanted it back immediately.  

 "I'm sorry." She muttered looking away shyly the blush deepening.

"What for?" I ask.

"...um... well... my..." she stutters and looks down at her hands shyly. She's flustered and embarrassed and looks so helpless. And I can't stand it for some reason it makes me mad to see her like this because of me!

"It's alright," I say doing my best to keep my voice soft.

She looks up surprise written on her beautiful face. She smiles a small smile then looks around the room.

There are a few moments of silent it's not awkward but it's not completely pleasant it's a mix of the two. When finally, she looks up at me she asks

"Is there anything you need? Something to drink, pillow, blanket, ice?"

"Um... No, not now." I say not really knowing what to say.

She nods and turns to leave murmuring something about I'll be back in a few minutes to check on you. It seems to me that she wants to get out of here as fast as she can, so she quickly walks towards the door but stops a moment and turns and looks at me. I want to ask her to stay but I know she has a job to do and help the other members of the team which are also members of my... But I'm a selfish man and I want her to stay here with me I don't want her to go and look after other people, I want her to be with me.

She smiled sweetly and then leaves gently shutting the door behind her with a soft click. I look around the room and miss her presents the sweet smell of her hair, the warmth of your skin next to mine. All I want is her in here with me. Next time, when she comes in she won't be leaving because I will ask her to stay with me but what if she says no and she doesn't want to stay here with me? I quickly dismiss that thought.  I lean my head back on a pillow and close my eyes and rest. Patiently waiting for her to return.

***

Sometime later I wake up to the sound of the door opening but I do not move, and I don't open my eyes I just listen as they get closer and then I realize who it is by the sweet smell of her hair. She comes closer, but she doesn't come as close as she did the first time. She stops at the foot of bed and watches me. I can feel her careful gaze moving across my face and then I felt something cover my body.

A blanket?

I open my eyes to see her she's about to turn and leave but I stopped her.

"Allie?" I question she jumps a little in surprise then turn and looks at me.

"Yes?" She answers her sweet voice caressing me.

"What... How are we doing out there?"

I asked not able to ask what I really want.

"We're up by Four Points we're winning. We have probably an hour or so left until the game is over." she smiles at me.

I nod then ask "Will... Will you stay with me?"

She looks surprised, but the small smile spread a little wider on her face and the blush is back. She is about the answer but then the door bangs open.