CHAPTER 9

COLBY

I woke to the sound of a whimper I sat straight up and looked around to see that Allie was sitting in the chair next to me sleeping. I remember what happened on the bus and I wonder what she was dreaming about, I heard her whimpering on the bus then too. I know she is having a bad dream.

What should I do? Should I wake her?

I didn't know what to do, I reach over to shake her shoulders gently to wake her. Then the door swung open, it wasn't rough or loud or in a hurry, Someone, just open the door. I looked up and seen her friend come in, the one that gave me the weirdest look earlier. What was her name?

I know, I know it I just couldn't think of it right now. She frowned her eyebrows for a moment at my hand on Allie's shoulder. I completely understood that she was territorial, and I was touching her best friend and she didn't like it. But I completely understood it's hard not to be like that with Allie because all you wanted to do was protect her.

Hell, that's all I want!

My wolf always gets excited when I'm around her. Not in the inappropriate way you think. He just gets happy, happy to see her, smell her sweet vanilla scent or even hear her soft smooth voice. It makes me feel completely at ease like I have nothing in the world to worry about.

I was lost in my own little world when someone clears her throat. I look up and suddenly, I remember her name. Daniela. That's it, Daniela. I look to Allie and see she is still asleep, I move my hand from her and look to Daniela.

I see her relax a little bit. She comes a little closer and looks me in the eye and says.

"Look, that girl-" she nods her head to Allie "- is my best friend, my sister and you will not hurt her, or I will hurt you. Got it?"

For some reason this angers me, I know she's her friend, she's just trying to look out for her, but she doesn't need to talk to me like that. I am soon to be Alpha and I demand a little more respect than that. Just by looking at Daniella I know that she's not completely human and I know that she knows that I'm not human either. I get off the cot and stand at my full height towering over her small body she looks at me angrily. I can feel myself slowly losing it, but I take a deep breath and remember who she is to Allie and I will not do anything to this girl because I- NO!

I cut off my train of thought, it is WAY too soon to be thinking I care for Allie I don't really know her at all, but then again, I guess that's what happens when you imprint on someone.

Taking a deep breath and letting out a frustrated growl I look to Daniela and say. "I would never think of hurting her. You know I can't. You know the moment I saw her she became MINE, my everything, my obsession, my support, my life. I know we don't talk much like we should, but I keep an eye on her. I watch over her and protect her from where I can."

"Yes, I know I'm not an idiot..." Then she stops like she just realized what she said. "I mean how should I know what you feel?"

Aha, she just admitted it! She's not human like I suspected!

"What are you? Because I know you're not human or completely human."

She looks around looking for something to save her from having to explain. I'm not an idiot I know she's different and I know Allie is different too, but I don't know what either of them is. What are they? And how do they live so peacefully by werewolves... Any other creature gets uncomfortable and scared around us.

I glance back at Allie and see she is awake "Hey."

"Hey, babe. Coach Kelly says were leaving and he wanted to see if you needed help with this big lug." Daniella says throwing a thumb at me and trying to bug me by calling her babe... I only know this because she looked at me and winked when she said it.

"Oh!" She jumps up and starts running around the room like a chicken with its head cut off. I watched amused. She's so cute! She starts to gather things from all over the room. After a moment she has everything packed in a big heavy looking box and is ready to load on the bus. I go to take the box from her, but she stops me.

"I'll get that for you," I say

"No, you are either gonna sit or get those crutches and take the weight off your knee."

I breathe an exaggerated sigh. Whatever.

"Yes, your highness," I say sarcastically and grab the crutches.