Chapter 7

Me:my book is kinda wet. I was sweating. I don't know if youll still want to use it like that.

Jasmine:it's fine. I'll still use it. And besides who would I borrow from? I don't know any body here. But why were you sweating? It's not hot in here.

Me:I need to go

I just had to look for something to say. I couldnt stay there anymore. She is reminding me of my past. This is almost exactly what happened. I didn't know when I started crying. I was in restroom for 15minutes. As I was about to head back to my class,I was shocked to see almost the whole school looking at me.

What happened?

Did they hear me crying?

Did someone follow me here?
I was sniffing and my eyes were still red so that should be enough evidence for them to know that i was crying. Someone in the crowd said "is Mr Popular crying"?

Someone else said "Didn't mummy give you food today"?

I couldn't take it anymore. I need to walk out of here. It took me about 10minutes to gather up some courage to walk out there. As I was about to go,someone dragged me back. It was BRADY.

I asked him "what do you want?"

He said "I want to know why you lied. Why didn't you tell us that your parents are poor that they can't even afford a car for you? Why did you keep sitting on the popular students table with us?"

I didn't know when I started sobbing. I was never like this. I was never this soft. I don't know what happened to me.

Then someone else talked. BLAKE, "No wonder you never attended any of my parties because mummy is gonna beat you. Is that it? Why did you keep acting cool? Who knows maybe youre transgender? You don't even have a girlfriend. Maybe because if she leaves you,you'll start crying. Dude you're so fucked up"

Brady:I'm sure you're wondering who told us. It's Ashley. She is not who you think she is. She told us you're shy and that you always walk back home after school everyday. We thought she was lying until she called all of us here. She followed you.

"Enough". Someone talked. That didn't sound like a teacher or the Principal. It was... Jasmine.

"What the hell is wrong with all of you? What you people are saying doesn't make any sense. Blake or what do you call yourself, do you think you're handsome? I'll advice you to check the mirror again. Because your parents are rich doesn't mean you should intimidate others. I might be new here but I don't take any shit from anybody. Isn't it obvious that he is going through emotional issues. The best you all could do as his friends is to talk to me not insult and condemn him. You all should go back to class and mind your business.

Did that just happen? Did she talk on my behalf?