Chapter 1- The Reaping

Okay, firstly I'd like to let you know that I'm new to Wattpad and don't have as much knowledge on the Hunger Games as others have. I still love them and Warriors, though, that's why I decided to write a Warrior Cats Hunger Games book. I hope you enjoy!

(Ivypool's POV)

"Welcome, cats of all clans, to this years Hunger Games reaping!" Tigerstar yowled from the Dark Rock to the huge crowd of cats below. On his left side sat Darkstripe and Mapleshade, and on his right side sat Brokenstar and Hawkfrost.

Ivypool shivered at the sight of them and pressed closer to Dovewing's side. Her sister was also shaking in fear. They were sitting with their clan mates of ThunderClan, below the huge stone stage where the evil cats sat.

It had been two years since the Dark Forest cats took over the clans and defeated StarClan. Every year, twenty-four cats were put into a cruel arena, where they were to kill each other until only one survivor remained.

"Today we are going to pick the twenty-four contestants- six from each clan." The huge tabby went on. Then he nodded his large scarred head to Darkstripe. The dark cat stood up and spoke loudly for everyone to hear-

"Firstly, the toms from RiverClan... Mapleshade will draw out the names."

The evil she-cat Mapleshade stepped forward and dived her paw in the hole with the RiverClan sign on it.

"The toms are: Oakheart," the brown tom hung his head and leaped onto the stage, "Oatpaw," she paused as the groans faded, "and Podkit." She sneered as yowls of protest and pity rang out.

"Enough!" Hawkfrost yowled. "Kits are allowed in the Hunger Games. No volunteers for Podkit?" His icy blue gaze raked the crowd. No-one had the nerve to step forward. The tiny, shivering kit was yanked up next to Oakheart by Mapleshade, where he lay, whimpering.

"Good. Carry on." Hawkfrost snarled.

"The she-cats for RiverClan are Leopardstar, Silverstream and Rainflower."

Three muscular she-cats sprang next to the toms and took a seat.

"Now, the toms from WindClan are..." Mapleshade pulled out two leaves with names carved into them. "Crowfeather, Onestar and Quickpaw."

A sleek, black cat sat down in the WindClan category, followed by a light brown tabby tom and a small brown apprentice. Quickpaw had no family, and no-one volunteered for him.

After waiting, and no volunteer stepped forward, Mapleshade carried on. "The WindClan she-cats are... Sunstrike, Sedgewhisker and Nightcloud."

"The ShadowClan toms are..." She pulled out the next leaves after they had all taken a seat. "Raggedstar, Crowfrost and Driftkit. Interesting." She grinned, showing off sharp yellow fangs. Shrieks of horror erupted from the clans, but no-one was brave enough to swap places with Driftkit. Sadly, the weak kit scrambled up next to the old leader and the black tom, hanging his head.

"The ShadowClan she-cats are... Dawnpelt, Russetfur and Ivytail."

She paused for a moment, waiting for the cats to settle.

"And finally, the toms of ThunderClan...

Lionblaze, Brackenfur and Ashfur."

Ivypool swallowed down a wail of sorrow. Her sisters mentor had been a food friend. Ashfur, on the other hand, she had never met but only heard bad rumours about him. Brackenfur was also a kind, loyal warrior. The golden, muscular tom settled down next to Ashfur and Brackenfur, twitching his tail awkwardly.

"And lastly, the she-cats of ThunderClan are... Snowfur, Cinderheart... and Ivypool!"

Ivypool's eyes widened as her name echoed through her head. Fear surged through her and clutched at her heart.