Chapter 2- The Demonstrating

Here's my second part- enjoy!

(Lionblaze's POV)

Lionblaze felt a mixture of nervousness and excitement as he was led into a large sunny clearing. There were three rocks spread out in the middle, and cats were gathered around.

"Right. Let's get started!" Tigerstar called to the gathering cats. "We will call you on one by one, and you have to tell us your strengths, then prove them. When your name is called, come down here into the underground cave. Got it?" He watched the tributes nod, then disappeared into the grassy hole.

Lionblaze immediately knew his strength was fighting. He knew his powers would be disabled in the arena, too, so he'd have to practice more. But he was still defiantly going for fighting.

One by one, he heard each of the cats names come up. The six ThunderClan cats were third; RiverClan was first, ShadowClan was second and WindClan was last.

"Lionblaze!" Finally Tigerstar's voice echoed from the den. He was last out of ThunderClan. He stood up and padded into the cave, blinking to adjust his eyes to the dim light. The Dark Forest cats were watching him closely from a lower rock. The ceiling was covered in moss and the floor was covered in thick vines. But at least it wasn't wet and slippery; so Lionblaze wouldn't slip.

He noticed a ragged chunk of wood, about the size of a large warrior. It had countless claw and teeth marks on it, plus chips in the wood were clearly visible. Lionblaze guessed this must be the fighting demonstrating dummy.

Glancing up at Tigerstar's nod, Lionblaze leapt onto the wooden dummy, and landed on its back. He clawed ferociously along its spine, carving in deep scratches. He sprang off, and attacked from in front. He lunged out his paw, and raked across the dummy's muzzle. Wood splinters flew everywhere as Lionblaze kept shredding the chunky wood.

"Enough." Tigerstar called. "Your time is up. You may go back to your cave. Tomorrow is the day the interviews."

Panting, Lionblaze nodded and heading back to the cave. Maybe he could win this thing after all. But, he hadn't seen the other tributes' skills yet, so he didn't know what he was going up against.

The second night came fast and peacefully, but Lionblaze dreamt of a huge clearing.

The grassy clearing was covered in blood, and was filled with screeching, fighting cats. Claws and fangs were gleaming, fur was flying, blood was flowing and bodies were falling to the ground, never to get up again.

Lionblaze awoke with a shriek. He was sweating all over. The cave was pitch-black, so Lionblaze guessed it must be around moon-high. He took a deep breath, and tried to get back to sleep.

Sorry for the short entry! Please tell me what you think so far in the comments! (probably not) but thanks for reading.