novocaine

"So tell me, how did one of the tracks in AB/AP, Novocaine, come about?" The interviewer asked, pointing the microphone in a general direction, towards the boys, for any of them to answer.

Pete instantly laughed, the mic pointing at him. "It's funny to be reminded of." He spoke, glancing at Patrick who seemed to be silently fuming. Joe and Andy also shared laughter.

"Novocaine's really angsty, spiteful, and bitter, but actually it's written by Patrick in just one sittin' after a heated argument kind of fight with Y/N." Pete explained, wearing a goofy smile on his face as he remembers.

Joe laughed. "Yeah the entire creation of AB/AP had been really, really crazy especially when Y/N and Patrick are together in the same place."

Andy chuckled. "For some reason, that was the most gravitated I've ever seen them to each other ever since, but it was quite scary to watch because they're always up 'n ready to beat each other had we not been there all the time."

"Yeah well Y/N is one of our creative directors for the album. She helped us pitch the aesthetic, the cover, and the music videos. Besides, she's also a really good friend of our–"

"Not a good friend of mine or amything." Patrick immediately corrected, faking a chuckle afterwards.

Joe rolled his eyes and gave Patrick a look. Andy just bit his lip to keep himself from laughing.

Pete raised a brow. "Yeah he really sucks at lying. Excuse Mr. I-Don't-Feel-A-Thing-For-You, please." He humored, chuckling afterwards.

Few of the other staffs inside the studio laughed including the interviewer.

Patrick ran his bottom lip through his teeth, smiling sharply like a snarling dog afterwards.

"Whoa whoa, Patrick, do you mind telling us instead how you came up with Novocaine?" The interviewer asked, his growing interest evident in the tone of his inquiry.

Everyone's eyes were suddenly on Patrick, not knowing what to expect from him, but silently urging him to go on.

Patrick politely and awkwardly obliged to the silent pressure.

"W-well, Pete was right about me writing it in one sitting after an argument aand I don't really know what else to say." Patrick shrugged cool, foxing his fedora.

"D'you mind telling us what is it about the argument with Y/N that made you come up with such venomous words?" The interviewer asked curiously.

Patrick chewed on his lip and accidentally glanced on the side the studio where Y/N is found together with the rest of the crew behind the camera.

They locked eyes for a moment. Patrick suddenly felt guilty and sorry the longer he stared at Y/N cold (eye color) eyes. Y/N didn't even flinch when Patrick's eyes landed on her. Y/N dared him to speak through her body language; arms rested on the arm of the chair, feet firmly planted on the ground, and angling her head up a little in a challenging way.

Speak, bitch. Y/N's voice echoed in Patrick's head, dragging him back to where he is at the moment.

"It wasn't even worth an argument. Uh it happened nighttime. Y/N just barged in the studio and at that time I was half naked."

Flashback

I muttered strings of curses at myself as I peeled my pants and my briefs off. I hurriedly grabbed a fresh pair of briefs and jeans and turned around to put those on. I didn't bother to go to the bathroom, since no one else is around and I thought that changing would be fast. I pulled my briefs up and then bent down to grab my fresh pair of jeans to put on next.