grammyfob

Patrick's phone vibrating hard against the wooden nightstand woke us up from our nice and almost deep sleep.

I glanced at the red LED clock and it read 3:28 a.m., Saturday.

Patrick softly moaned as he stretched out an arm to grab his phone and answer the call. He blindly tapped the green button and put it on loudspeaker. The phone was connected to the Bluetooth speakers inside our bedroom so, it wouldn't be hard to listen to whoever called.

"Hello." Patrick sleepily answered.

He's sleeping on his side, back facing me, so I threw my leg over his hip and wrapped an arm around him. I felt Patrick shrink back against me, which gave me a nice, subtle, giddy sensation in my entire being.

"Yo, dude, you're not gonna believe this shit, but you better." The man on the other line excitedly spoke.

"Oh, hey, Peter." I sleepily spoke loudly just enough for Pete to hear and to not deafen my husband

I heard Pete chuckle. "G'mornin', Y/N. I promise you and Patrick are gonna love me more once you hear the news I'm boutta drop." He proudly and happily announced, sounding tired due to his rasping voice.

Patrick intertwined his hand with mine and planted a soft kiss on my knuckle. "Spill it, Pete. I wanna sleep in peace with my wife already."

I giggled and buried my face in the space between the pillow and the back of Patrick's head, inhaling the faded scent of pomegranate from the shampoo that Patrick used.

"Okay, okay." Pete excitedly said, pausing aftrwards to emphasize his next statement, which almost ripped my heart out from its cavity.

"M A  N   I    A's  GOT A GRAMMY NOMINATION!" Pete literally screamed, making me yelp in shock and accidentally kick Patrick out of the bed.

The loudness of Pete's scream has made the early morning more still and more silent.

Once Pete's words have sunk in, I was sober and immediately sat up, my eyes wide and my heart beat pounding.

"I REPEAT, M A  N   I    A GOT A GRAMMY NOMINATIOOOON!" Pete dragged out the last syllable of the last word, his scream fading as he ran out of oxygen.

Patrick stood up, seemingly confused for a moment until I saw his eyes widen in realization as well. He looked up at me, his mouth forming an 'o' shape.

Our gazes held each other and we began to scream on cue. I thrashed and danced around our bed while laughing maniacally, screaming out victorious profanities, while Patrick danced around, flailing his arms around howling, laughing, and screaming.

Pete laughed and screamed together with us. We didn't care how loud Pete's screaming is at the moment. His news was worthy of waking up to at 3 in the morning.

Soon, our screams have faded out to raspy and soft laughter.

"Congratulations to us, man." Patrick genuinely spoke, smiling at the direction of his phone as if Pete was there.

"Yeah," Pete paused. I could hear him widely smiling. "It's been a nice piece of bread at three in the morning." He chuckled and we did too.

"Very nutritious." I responded.

"A'ight. I guess that's it for now. Go back to resting in peace with each other now." Pete said, chuckling and also sounding very much ready to drop the call.

"Thanks, man. Meet you very soon." Patrick said as he crawled back under the covers with me, softly kissing me underneath my jaw.

"Ciao, bitches. Peace." Pete said then finally dropped the call, leaving me and Patrick in a joyful, warm afterglow as he pulled the cover up to our chins.

I intertwined my hand with Patrick's as we both laid on our backs, eyes closed.

"Congratulations, love." I softly spoke, slurring my endearment to him.

Patrick chuckled. "Shuttup, amor. Your slur tickles." He admitted as he turned to his side, facing me and curling up.

I smiled to myself and pressed a kiss on his forehead.

Patrick made kissy noises as he pouted his lips for a kiss. I gladly leaned in to plant a soft kiss on his lips, but we both know that brief, soft kisses don't take place on our lips at all.

He closed-mouthedly giggled as he captured my lips in a passionately slow kiss, cupping the side of my face with his free hand.

"Patrick," I spoke between our kisses, his lips quickly reclaiming mine. "Can we—"

Patrick hummed in inquiry, not breaking the kiss and not allowing me to finish my sentence in one go, which made me giggle.

Patrick paused. "I love it when I feel you speak and laugh against my lips." He spoke breathlessly.

"Can we sleep now?" I asked, my lips just a face leaning forward away from Patrick's.

"I'm grateful that I found you and that you're in my life." Patrick gently spoke, throwing his leg over my hip, shrinking himself against me and burying his face in the space between my neck and my chest.

"Me too, love. Me too." I responded.

"I will always protect you, my universe."

I smiled, gingerly running my hand on the back of his head.

"And I won't ever stop writing songs about you and singing them like battle cries." He paused as he pressed a soft kiss on a spot on my chest. "I love you so much, Y/N, mon amor."

I giggled. "You guys just got nominated on the Grammy's, love. Calm down." I dumbly joked.

"But I'm married to you and that means the world to me compared to any awards we could ever get." He cutely argued.

I smiled once again at my husband's wholesomeness.

"The whole world can go ahead and hate me— who gives a shit when I have you?"

I lightly laughed. "I love hearing you talk your joy out."

"I just couldn't contain it."

"I don't mind, love."

"I don't care. You're my favorite person and I'm always gonna be all over you no matter how annoying I get."

"I love you, Patrick."

"Meet me in my dreams."

"Sleep well, rockstar."