(me and you)

It was a hot noon and the couples, Patrick and Y/N, were lying on the bed couch while watching a criminal documentary.

Each documentary lasts for almost an hour and they're about to watch their third documentary for the afternoon.

Patrick had himself sat up with his legs stretched out while Y/N has her head resting on Patrick's stomach, the place of his body that she likes best, as she lied on an opposite direction from Patrick's.

Both of the lovers have been comfortable and somehow sleepy due to the annoying yet comforting heat that mixes with the air conditioner in their living room.

Patrick somehow was keeping himself up to watch the documentary, but soon noticed that Y/N slowly drifted off to a peaceful slumber.

The bearded man looked down at the woman he loves and adores with his entirety and couldn't help but smile at the sight of her.

He gently ran his fingers through her hair which made her stir and purr in comfort. Y/N fluttered her eyes open and looked up at the beautiful man that her heart knows too well; she felt home.

"Why do you always rest your head on my stomach?" Patrick asked out of curiosity. He should feel insecure, but that feeling never made sense, because right from the start she made him feel like the goddamn world.

Y/N closed-mouthedly chuckled, a smile stretching across her lips as she stretched her arm up and playfully tapped the tip of Patrick's nose. "Because the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." She answered, giggling afterwards as she curled up to the side, facing Patrick's torso as she laid a hand on a spot on his stomach to gently and slowly rub it.

Patrick chuckled as well as he felt such a familiar delicious warm rush of all good things run and swoosh around his insides.

It was comfortably silent again. Patrick resumed watching the documentary while Y/N resumed taking a nap. He absentmindedly grazed his fingers over Y/N's and wondered, out of the blue, what ring size she is and if she even wants to wear a ring for a lifetime.

Soon, Patrick was also out like a light, his mouth slightly agape as soft snores and the low-volume narration from the TV filled the room for the rest of the afternoon.