Nine

YES! I AM BACK AFTER NEARLY A MONTH, SORRY. I JUST FELT UNINSPIRED TO WRITE THIS BUT, AFTER WATCHING STRANGER THINGS ON CRACK EVERY NIGHT FOR A MONTH, I AM READY. HERE WE GUU

Ruby

I didn't storm away from Vida and Liam because of what she said, but more about what Liam had told me. Clancy killed Liam's sister. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I considered storming back into the class and wringing out Clancy's neck but, since I am a decent human, decided against it. I needed to blow off steam. So I called Sam.

Hello, Sam isn't available right now but ple- Forgot, she is still in class. I walked off to the nearest girls bathroom stall and I locked myself in there, and I cried. All these emotions I have been keeping bottled up needed to come out, and I felt every emotion and every fear I've ever had roll down my cheeks with every tear beside it.

Once I felt ready, and when I was able to stand I used the handrail to push myself up onto my own two feet and I made a beeline for the door. I was about to head off to my locker before I remembered that I still had class and I had only been in the bathroom for five minutes. Acting was never my thing but, if I wanted to convince everyone that I had just gone and thrown up my stomach lining, I was going to have to get real good real fast.

I stumbled back into class, trying to look at pale as I could. Everybody stopped to stare at me and they all threw me more looks of disgust and continued to move away from me as I moved silently back to my seat. I sat down and began to pull out my books to catch up with everybody else when Clancy turned around. "Hey, are you okay..?" I glared at him. "Turn the hell around before I force your head around with my fist." Liam looked over at me and added: "You heard the lady, bitch."

Liam's gaze met mine and I gave him a look as to thank him for shutting him up and backing me up. He gave me a slight nod in return and forced his focus back to Miss Conner. Lunch came once again and I found myself getting up and racing out of the classroom, desperate to do anything to get out of there but I was stopped by Miss Conner at the door. "Hey.. Ruby..? Are you sure your okay?" I couldn't let her know the truth, so another lie wouldn't hurt. Right? "Yep. Fine."She nodded as I sign that I could leave, which I did.

I hadn't known Vida very well so when she made the little comment about me and Liam I kind of lost my faith in her a little bit so I decided to sit with someone else today. I saw a group of girls that looked about my age tucked away in the corner so I went over to say hello. I stopped behind one of the girls and I asked almost silently; "Hi.. Is this seat taken..?" The girl looked up and me and shook her head and I sat down. A girl reached over the table and extended her hand to me, "Olivia." She said. I shook her hand slowly before she pointed at all the other kids at the table "Kylie, Lizzie." The girls all smiled at me and I smiled in return. "Ruby."

Sorry this was so short, Next chapters will be longer. Nearly 500 reads!! tysm. Love you guys. <3